Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo DS

Options
  • 11-05-2004 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Ill be getting it, looks cool

ds.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Is that an offical picture released or is it an artists impression.

Where did you get the picture? Link ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2004-05-11-nintendo-ds_x.htm

Its from Usatoday, a pretty big paper, they dont make up stuff, and have credited nintendo for supplying the picture. I think its real.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

The DS also has Bluetooth wireless communication to connect with other units within range for cordless competition. DS has separate slots for current Game Boy Advance cartridges and new, smaller DS game cards.
    :)
    An expected release date and price would be nice.
    Prob will have a version of Mario Kart in the first lot of titles when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

The DS has slightly more processing power than the Nintendo 64 console released in 1996.

ah, was always wondering what the equivalent console was. expect a rake load of n64 conversion perhaps?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Rabies
    :)
    An expected release date and price would be nice.
    Prob will have a version of Mario Kart in the first lot of titles when it comes out.

Itll probably launch for about 160 here, hopefully before Christmas

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

512MB of ram?!?

Something tells me that should be Mb and not MB.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

If you read the register article its discusses that I think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

looks sweet , hope the screen is big enough....immagine a portable goldeneye :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Im always thinking about buying a handheld this one seems class might get one if the games/console is priced well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yeah, that 512MB doesn't sound right at all. Even 512Mb would seem a lot for a hand-held. Bear in mind the N64 had (IIRC) 4MB of RAM in the base unit.

its been announced it has wi-fi compatability!
    They showed a 3d metroid prime game running on it. Awesome!
    Im sold on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Has built in mic with voice recognition, bottom screen is touch sensitive, 802.11b for short/medium range connectivity, wi-fi enabled for online play.

Instant messaging ability and is backward compatible with GBA. They showed Mario 64 and Metroid prime (i think?) running in real time on it.

yeah they showed a brand new metroid game on it. theres a mario and a mariokart in development for it too, along with a 4 player mario 64

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

It will be interesting to see what the Sony PSP will be like. Its suppose to be pretty much a handheld PS2.

Depending on which is more powerful I might be interested in getting one. Would make ample time of those long trips to collage by bus.

Sony can keep theyre psp after what was shown of the DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Most interestingly, the lower screen is indeed touch sensitive, as was suggested by leaked specification information from Japan earlier this year. The system comes with a stylus for drawing on the lower screen, and one game demonstration apparently involves drawing clouds on the screen in order to slow the descent of baby Mario as he falls from the sky.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=55495

the console sonds class, and the touch screen is pure genious, nintendo really have pulled one out of the bag for this, it sounds much more feature packed than the psp and the ngayge hasnt a hope

Have to agree, i saw both the Sony and nintendo press conference, although the psp did blow me away I was totally unprepared for the boldness of the DS. It is such a welcome surprise to see Nintendo being creative again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Originally posted by Kevok
    It is such a welcome surprise to see Nintendo being creative again.

Aye i hope this is a return to form for nintendo

• Advertisement

Official DS info http://www.nintendo.com/e3_2004/ds/index.jsp

Browse the site for some incredible pictures of the realistic Zelda too.

[Edit]They took all the info down :([/Edit]

wow. So original.... interested to see what 3rd parties do with the touch screen...whens this out ?

quarter 1 2005 in europe. before the end of the year us and japan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

nintendo site borked

kdjac

Screens for all DS games shown

http://activereviews.com/screens/502/

change the 502 to 503 etc, up until 509

Has there been any videos released of the PSP or DS in action ? Love the design of the psp...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

wow! wow! wow! what else can i say? Cant wait to get my hands on this! I love the two screen design and the inclusion of WiFi and all the extra little features!

i think nintendo have me sold on the DS! the PSP does look very nice tho!

i want one now!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

this thing looks amazing, really inventive, and beautiful... I'd pick it over psp no problem, that is unless sony have afew surprises.

the only thing now is software, i just hope the games are as quality as the machine specs, as the GC proved, it can be a great machine, but it can still do very badly

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Metroid Hunters.... *drool*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Looks lovely dovely. November in USA = import!! Hope they stick with the game Boy tradition of no region lock...

Advertisement