Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GalwayLAN 10 Signup

• 11-05-2004 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭

Go here now.

60 spaces, will create a seating plan in the near future..
    There will probably be a few more, pending an extra switch or 2 and physical seating space and power requirements in the Aula.

I'm going to write up an email for sponsorship/advertising and send it to a few places I think would be interested.
    If you know anyone who'd like to sponsor some prizes for competitions, or indeed if you wish to organise and sponsor your own competition, mail me galwaylan :at: oceanfree :dot: net

The net connection is very much up in the air, but is possible, workload and time constraints allowing.

I'll throw up a list of places for accomodation for those of you travelling.
    As I am no longer living in The Den Of Inequity I can not offer the sitting room for accomodation, but will look into it (I myself require somewhere to stay for the weekend) and ask those whom it would affect.

Transport: If anyone has a car/van and is willing to help those less fortunate get their monitor/case to Galway, please post here or send a mail to the above address.
    Particularly if anyone is going from the Sandymount/Ballsbridge area on the morning or afternoon of Thursday 1st July :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

can u just add myself and energiser to the list of going r do we have to sign up individually ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

icon14.gif w00t icon14.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

? i dont understand why do u need somewhere to stay? its just for the weekend isent it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Due to the venue we can only lan from 8.30am to 11pm when security boots us out and locks up so accomodation will be required as well we cant pull an all nighter which is a pitty tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Leaves plenty of time for the pub/club/misc activities at night though.

• Advertisement

Ye i dont think ill go if its not a all niter.
    I would just spend too much money in pub after.
    Mabe next lan if thats allniter, didnt the old 1s used to be all niters? why dont u just have the lan in 1 of the old places?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

user45701 = golden oldie galway lanner? :confused:

capacity really if this was to be held in the anno we would have only been able to have 25 people there.

ah i see, well that makes sence.
    Ill think about it, mabe ive aready planeed to spend allot of money this summer :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I'm sure this is a very ignorant question on my part, but who are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by Fobia
    I'm sure this is a very ignorant question on my part, but who are you?

i definatly would recognise that name if he was at gl1

I'm literally *just* after sending a PM to get proper contact details/test the waters on it.
    Looking at a bit of a substantial group discount (~50%) in exchange for advertising space/logo on GLX promo material.
    If it goes well it could be a more long-term thing for future lans (especially during the off-season from october to march).
    We'll see.
    Would be really nice to have accomodation sorted for people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well after much consulatation with Raven, Ronan has decided he wil head along and grace ye lot with his prescense. Might bring a server with me where we can run network poker. Will be driving up in my leet peugeot van with flashing lights and spoilers so I can give someone a lift in the roscommon area :) (as that is no one I shall be travelling alone)

Fancy a trip to Dublin the weekend before to cart some kit down for me and sutty? :)

Beers and a bed will be provided.

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    Will be driving up in my leet peugeot van with flashing lights and spoilers so I can give someone a lift in the roscommon area :) (as that is no one I shall be travelling alone)

PA! GET TIMMY INTO THE BUNKER!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

well i put my name down for the lan hopfully i can get my computer by then or else get a loan of the one i was using for GLIX.

Let me guess you sprayed your motherboard?

Lol Asok

Toxick: Don't get a multi-processor computer!!!!

You can borrow my p3 750mhz comp for the lan if needs be.

Whats wrong with getting a multi processor system?

• Advertisement

multi >> uni

Overheating = Bad

Fan system capable = Hard to set up, especially for a 14 year old with little or no previous experience of dealing with that kind of thing, especially if that particular person ****ed up the other motherboard :>.

ahm all you do it put two compatible heatsink + fans on and bobs your uncle .....its not that tough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

er if ian and ciaran are going I'll probably head up as well, gg pld wan nadir, ajnang?

doubt I'll bring a machine but I'll bring a Hd Loaded with anime and whatnot to be thrown... at asok.

if I can get a working power cable for my laptop I may bring it...

anyway, there better be more women than the last time.. I had to resort to flirting with angelwhore and he didn't even have long hair! ... the HUMANITY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

John, theres no need to lock every single thread* on this board :/

*practically

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I'm in if I can get some place to stay for the night, I got a new Computer a few days ago and I got 200 gigs and a DVD burner for leeching. :)
    Dav can't make it though. :D

Tell dav that he shall be missed !

He's saving to go over to France and beat the smell out of some fellow metallers.

He shall be missed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Originally posted by SyxPak
    He's saving to go over to France and beat the smell out of some fellow metallers.

He shall be missed :)
    At least he's not a Raver, then I would be ashamed to be his brother. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement