Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bit of a problem with vodafone

Options
  • 11-05-2004 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

hi, i have a big problem with these bastards..

ok just after christmas my siemens sl55 menu button fell out, that was grand brought it into vodafone, sent it off took a month and a half but thats not the problem, phone came back grand, button was a bit hard to press but nothing serious, anyways about 2weeks ago the button fell out again, i was pissed this time, back to vodafone it went and grand, today i get voicemail telling me my phone isnt repairable because of liquadation damage , i went saying i wanted a new button it didnt drop in water. he told me that liquadation was found in the keypad and places like that [beacuse of the button being missing] and said they couldnt do anything and it wasnt under warranty, i obviously went mad saying that if the repair company had fixed the button properly it wouldnt have fallen out thus no liquidation, but he was having none of it was a real fecker getting agro, iv had a row with him before over the month late last time around...
    anyways, i am right its not my fault, its the repair company's and im gonna take this further a 350euro phone..

what should i do?? any suggestions?|
    thanks,
    cartman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

small claims court sounds like the place to go, only cost you 9 euros

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/justice/small_claims_court/small_claims_court.html#id3107521

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I know Nokia service centres in the UK regularly refuse to repair faulty phones due to "liquid damage" so wouldnt be surprised if this siemens/repairers being bastards. If it is under insurance or warranty will VF not replace it? If not, you might find it hard to prove in the small claims court that the "liquid damage" was not done by you. I was told by a UK Nokia service centre that this liquid damage can be cause by using the thing in slight rain, by using it with sweaty hands... So its likely they will deny being responsible and you will find it hard to prove they were... Good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Where did you take the phone to get repaired? Basically there are Vodafone Agents and Vodafone Stores. If you take the phone into an agent such as Carphone Warehouse then they will send it to whoever they get to fix their phones. Really you should send the phone away with a Vodafone Store and they will have it looked at by their people - the service isn't great but at least you will be dealt with by their customer care if anything goes wrong. That might not sound like a positive but you will be sorted out especially if you kick up a fuss or are a high spending customer. If none of this works then there's always the Siemens helpdesk. Basically all these different people looking at your phone, I doubt all of them will conclude that its down to water damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

i sent it to vodafone shop , they said they cant do anything, rang siemans, no help at all, rang mprc your man is gone until the 25th of this month, im going to the small claims court with it
    not letting them off with a 300euro phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

gonna take this further a 350euro phone..
    not letting them off with a 300euro phone

you better hurry the phones dropping in value fast :p

the nokia phones have a little white cotton pad inside them and there is a red stripe down the middle, if the phone gets to damp the ink will run and the warrenty is void,
    surly there has to be something similar in the siemens phones, they can't just say it got liquid damaged whenever they feel like it
    it makes sens that they can tell if the phone got wet because it can affect the ciructs, but thats totally irrelevent to your problem

also did you ask him how the liquid damage made the rubber button fall out, and how come they didn't notice the liquid damage the first time (since we know know thats the cause of the problem :rolleyes: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

The Nokia thing is still very fishy as I've had some service centres in the UK return phones as water damaged and unrepairable and then had the same phone fixed by a different centre. It all seems like a big scam to me.

Advertisement