Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psp

Options
  • 11-05-2004 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

PSP.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Very nice. The screen is huge. Have you a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

No theres no news on it yet, its just been shown 10 minutes ago, im watching it live
    10 hours battery life for games though, 8 for music.
    The games shown look incredible. Almost better looking than PS2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Nice. Did you just get that now? EDIT: Figured it was live.

yeah, just made a screen cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seeeexah. I want one. Now.

• Advertisement

Im not kidding he showed about 10 games and they were SWEET. a new metal gear game, a gt game, loads more. The moviews look great on that big screen too

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's on GameSpot Complete... have to pay to get the live stuff:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any news on a release date?

hey ill give out my username password if anyone wants to use it too
    pm me..the nintendo one is starting in 30 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

News update off Gamespot;

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/11/news_6097100.html
    Today at Sony's E3 press conference, the company showed off the first wave of games for its upcoming portable, the PSP. However, instead of merely announcing titles, SCEA CEO and President Kaz Hirai showed off gameplay footage, although none on the device itself.

Conference attendees were treated to dizzying video montage of new versions of many classic PlayStation 2 titles which looked nearly identical to their original version. Clips of Gran Turismo, Ridge Racer, Wipeout, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Midevil, Ape Escape, Spider-Man, Metal Gear Solid, and a Capcom fighting game were shown in rapid succession--and to an enthusiastic response from the crowd.

After the lights came up, Electronic Arts' Don Matrick took the stage to reveal his company's first wave of titles for the PSP. Pledging to give the portable the "same degree of support as the PlayStation 2." NBA Street, NFL Street, Need for Speed Underground, and a Tiger Woods PGA golf game will all be available when the PSP launches in America in early 2005. Matrick also showed off footage of all three titles from a PSP emulator on a PC.

Hirai also announced the support of over 100 third-party publishers for the PSP. In America, 23 companies have signed on, including EA, THQ, and Activision. Konami, Capcom, Namco, and Bandai are among the 34 Japanese publishers on board. Twenty-three European companies, including Ubisoft, Atari, and Codemasters are also readying PSP titles, as are 19 Korean firms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Eurogamer has some good info about it here http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=55506

here's a link to the picture on eurogamer http://www.eurogamer.net/view_screenshot.php?image=/assets/articles/a55506/PSP_Tilt.jpg

looks cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

this should be good :) is that an analogue stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

it looks like the round thing under the d-pad is the left analogue stick but i don't see a right one :( you can't play red faction, socom etc.. any fps without a right 1

It looks more like a speaker to me :rolleyes:

one analogue stick is enough for a fps DrEvil, worked for goldeneye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

It's an analogue stick.

And no amount of analogue sticks are any good for FPSs. Mouse, mouse, mouse.

of course a mouse is superior, but how do you think a mouse would work with a handheld?

dammit, just checked, no analogue stick:

PSP_Face.jpg

PSP_Tilt.jpg

PSP_Back.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by L5
    It looks more like a speaker to me :rolleyes:
    From the eurogamer link
    The control layout will be familiar to any member of the PlayStation generation; PSP has the standard triangle/square/circle/cross buttons on the right hand side, L and R buttons on the shoulders, and a d-pad and miniature analogue stick on the left hand side.
    It looks like a speak to me. If it is an analogue stick, where is the speaker? Could it be only supported by headphones ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by Rabies

It looks like a speak to me. If it is an analogue stick, where is the speaker? Could it be only supported by headphones ?

Possibly some sort of "pop out" analogue stick?

I hope it is. A speaker is a bit of a waste.

Advertisement