Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in DunLaoire area?

• 11-05-2004 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭

I'm very eager to get in on this broadband action.

Unfortunately the only providers that ive come across which are available to me (Esat, Eircom) have as all of you probably know, this sickening download 'cap'.
    I know for a fact that i could do 8 gigs in a weekend ;) let alone a month and i cant afford over 60 euro a month so i'm still on the hunt for that special provider.

I have been in contact with Irish Broadband (i'm not in range) and NTL (same story).

Does anyone know of any providers that can give me broadband, preferably with no cap, less than 60 euro a month and cover the idylicc hamlet of beauty...DunLaoire?

I probably need a slap in the face and then reminded what cutting edge country im living in...

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

If you can get Eircom or Esat then you can get UTV - Best here is 16GB cap however ... for 45 yoyos a month ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

cheers.
    looks like i'll be diallin up for the summer then:o

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

apparently DublinWAN have internet access in the Dun Laoghaire region. With no need for an Eircom line it might be suitable. I have been looking at connecting to it from the Sutton on the Northside so it should be no probs for you. As for caps no idea what they have. There are forums on the site to post questions about it.

Good luck

Cionn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

good man, thanks!

Advertisement