Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homes in Spain etc

Options
  • 11-05-2004 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Thinking of buying a retirement home in spain or somewhere in the eec. Where do i start this search? there are so many places offering places for sale.Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Avoid the Irish agents - their mark up is huge and advice dubious.

Try to find an agent in your country of choice to give you the full run down - transaction charges, annual property taxes, leasehold -v- freehold, etc. Make sure this advice is independent from the purchase (go to the next town) and that the person is fluent in English and the advice is in writing.

Embassies and Chambers of Commerce might be a handy route to go to get some contacts.

Talk to the European Consumer Information Office in O'Connell Street (near the Savoy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bossman

Thanks, Victor.My wife and i are due to retire in a couple of years and are looking for a nice warm country with plenty of walks and an easy lifestyle in mind rather than a holiday resort.Have to start somewhere so will see how we get on.

Advertisement