Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien Rice is BACK!!!

Options
  • 11-05-2004 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

the title says it all. he's back from the us. about time too! he's playing glastonbury during the summer...was on johnathan ross last friday playing cold water.

can't wait for some irish dates to be announced!!

anyone with any news please pass it on to the rest of us.

(oh yeah couldn't find a correct place for this thread in the music section so i stuck it in AH)

Kunst

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Thats great news-but this really should be in music/radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Has he any new material?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

Wasn't he supposed to be playing here sometime soon anyway. Hes brilliant i saw him on Jonathan Ross it was class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

yeah he has a new album coming out ( no date as yet) with "a bit less melodic and acoustic" tracks on it.

can't wait for it.

he has to go back to the us in between now and galstonbury for a charity gig but hopefully he'll go on tour over here when he's back for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

he has a new album coming out pfft, hes been saying that for a year and a half now, hes a legend dont get me wrong, but he never changes his play list, all the tracks on his new album he plays live [face, then go, grey room, the blowers daughter part2 , etc.] hes not back fully yet,
    this is his scedhule :

June 8 - One Night For India - Charity concert in UCLA's Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles, CA, USA
    June 11-13 - Bonnaroo Festival - Manchester, TN, USA
    June 26 or 27 - Glastonbury Festival, UK

he most likely wont be at oxeygen and i know for a fact he wont be playin any irish gigs until the launch of his new album, which will consist of maybe 2-3 new songs, and its not gonna anything like O, its gonna be alot more rock which is good in a way but i really liked the way he put togeter o all acoustic..

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Originally posted by cartman
    he has a new album coming out pfft, hes been saying that for a year and a half now, hes a legend dont get me wrong, but he never changes his play list, all the tracks on his new album he plays live [face, then go, grey room, the blowers daughter part2 , etc.] hes not back fully yet,
    this is his scedhule :

June 8 - One Night For India - Charity concert in UCLA's Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles, CA, USA
    June 11-13 - Bonnaroo Festival - Manchester, TN, USA
    June 26 or 27 - Glastonbury Festival, UK

he most likely wont be at oxeygen and i know for a fact he wont be playin any irish gigs until the launch of his new album, which will consist of maybe 2-3 new songs, and its not gonna anything like O, its gonna be alot more rock which is good in a way but i really liked the way he put togeter o all acoustic..

I don't know if anyone could follow up 'O', but good luck to him, he's a legend. What is the new album shaping up like? I've heard 'moody monday' and 'weatherman' but i don't know if they will be album tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    I don't know if anyone could follow up 'O', but good luck to him, he's a legend. What is the new album shaping up like? I've heard 'moody monday' and 'weatherman' but i don't know if they will be album tracks.

Is he playing Weatherman? That's an old Juniper song... Damn good one too, I love the original single recording of it.

baby sister might be on it but apart from the few already mentioned your guess is as good as ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

little sister (not baby sis) and weather man is juniper. he has lp's and songs are woman like a man, lonelily, thwe proffesor and prob more includin lisa solo's. is she ben playin wit him, wonder if he's play witnness again

• Advertisement

its baby sister lois

The Professor

Sand

The Blower's Daughter (part 2)

Face

Nine Crimes

My Yoke

Woman Like A Man

Toffee Pop

Groovin'

Then Go

I'm So Childish

Rootless tree

insane

there the songs id like to see on it , maybe the 5year old song aswell [blowers daughter 3?we just dont know]...

toffee pop n insane , best songs damien has imo Rootless Tree is a god send aswell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

the juniper song is little, unless rice has a song called baby sister

unless rice has a song called baby sister

which he does

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

ah well, it was nice while it lasted

Advertisement