Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just finished halo on XBOX

Options
  • 11-05-2004 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

which is quite strange considering lol, I do like the game and have had it since i got the X-box, its one where i picked up fro time to time and gave it a bash, but in the last 2 weeks when ive been off from work for some reason i just got the urge to finish it, probably because of all the halo 2 news leaking out

Anyhoo good game, must start back on pandoras tomorrow now and see whats that like

Shin

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The last level of Halo was excellent. Love that warthog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

playing most of the game back in reverse was annoying. but the perfect control scheme made up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Thats funny cos i finished that game in the first few weeks of having it, legendary took a while alright. But i have Splinter cell since it came out and i still havent finished it, im more than half way thru it but cant ever seem to get into it again to finish it off. Ah well some day ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i know loads of people who's week isn't complete without clearly halo "one more time"

looking foward to halo2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

When I finished Halo I crapped my pants. It was a great feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

It's always good to go back every now and then and work it through. Still can't finish legendary mind:(

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

For a while there I forgot about the one player campaign, just 8 player over the system link (which in itself is reason to have the game). But the past couple of weeks myself and the bro have been doing co-op again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

YEEE HAAAAAA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Anyone who has completed it on legendary, can you please tell me the secret ending? In spoilers of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    Anyone who has completed it on legendary, can you please tell me the secret ending? In spoilers of course :D

just play the last level on legendry and you will see it , you don't have to play the entire game on legendry to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I dont have halo anymore :( swapped it for Splinter Cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Clover
    just play the last level on legendry and you will see it , you don't have to play the entire game on legendry to see it.

heres me being all proud of finishing this game, now somebody says theres a secret ending, nuttz

Shin

:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Have to say playing Halo online on the xbox/pc is the best ever and it took a month to finish it on the pc what an epic FPS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

The Legendary secret ending isn't an ending as such.
    It's a liil joke involving a covenant and the black captain who you see in the into to the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

shows an elite and the sarge fighting over a weapon. The ship esploads and they drop the weapon, sarge says something like, "well this is it come here" and they hug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

You left out the best part:
    The elite blatantly gets some ass grabbing on when they hug
    Brilliant stress releaver after completing the game on legendary, although the last level isn't the hardest to complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

you don't have to finish the game in legendary to see the ending

be lazy like me and just download the mpg here

Your damn right that the last level isn't the hardest. When me and a mate FINALLY beat the "Truth and Reconciliation" level that one run took us 6-8 hours. Rediculous, we found the hardest part to be when
    you got onto the ship and were attacked by the sword weilding elites

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Nah, the most boring and hardest level was by far the library. Level after level is exactly the same, and on legendary it's close to impossible, very little room for error.

no way the third is much harder since it is all about assaulting positions and they never let up so you can't run off and let your shield recharge, got through the library in one go. You can run past the majority of the
    flood
    the only tricky bit is where you have to defend the door while waiting for guilty spark 343 to open it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by D
    Your damn right that the last level isn't the hardest. When me and a mate FINALLY beat the "Truth and Reconciliation" level that one run took us 6-8 hours. Rediculous, we found the hardest part to be when
    deleted

Yep, that's the built holding me back. Need to go back and save a few more grenades for it I suspect

It doesn't count if you don't do it on your own.
    You're left to defend things a few times in the library but they're not that hard.
    Its been ages since I did it but I'd say the hardest level was probably the truth and reconciliation. So many more enemies come down the grav lift on legendary (or at least it feels like they do) and they're all so strong and accurate. Jackels can be devestating with their plasma pistols.

Originally posted by Borzoi
    Yep, that's the built holding me back. Need to go back and save a few more grenades for it I suspect

The secret is to keep the sniper rifle don't use it on anything less than elites and then only if you have to. Cause you need it later especially when you are
    crossing the cargo bay before you meet the hunters, or in fact any of the open spaces.
    We found that plasma pistols are your friend particulularly in Legendary as they allow you to do hit-and-run attacks more efficently. Does anyone else find that there are actually more enemies when you play in coop as apposed to single-player?

I really should try to make my sig smaller.

There are more as you go up the difficulty levels but playing in co-op doesn't increase them. It should but it doesn't.

Advertisement