Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

realistic Zelda

Options
  • 11-05-2004 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

just shown...looks AWESOME

zelda.jpg
    z2.jpg
    z3.jpg
    z4.jpg
    z5.jpg
    z6.jpg
    z7.jpg
    z8.jpg
    z9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

That looks stunning.

Keep the news reports coming in L5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Ive never seen anything like that video.............
    It was just stunning. The crowd went absolutely crazy for it. Therell be a link to the video soon i think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I LOVE the style. Looks amazing...Real deep colours... Will there be a video up tonight ?

i think the video will be up in about 15 minutes
    If anyone wants a look at all the ds game screens, including the new metroid one, and all of the games shown for the cube go to

http://www.nintendo.com/media/

username gollin
    password harris

Click on the media presskit for all the screens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

HRmmm... I wonder how it will compare to Fable....

that name and pass aint working , whats up ?

sorry tusky

its

golin
    harris

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

how many games has there been since ocarina of time on the 64?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

WOW

kdjac

• Advertisement

2. not inculding game boy ones.

majoras mask, master quest , wind waker..
    wind waker was the only true sequel though

Ocarina
    Majoras mask
    wind waker
    Master Quest (not really a new game)

2 on GBA four swords and eh eh eh eh (lil help)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Sweet superman that vid is amazeing cant wait till this is out :D

Ive got a 640 x 480 high res vid of this on my site if anyone wants it. Looks soooo good

right click save as

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Om nyom nyom.
    First Zelda game I've been excited about since OOT (not including the GBA port of LTTP). TBH I wish they had gone ahead with this kind of style for Wind Waker.

On a related note: OMFGZ check this out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

okay so its obviouslly coming out on a ninty machine, but is this on cube or some unnamed cube successor?? i want answers dammit!! man that looks so good *drool*

Coming out on Cube, The next generation of consoles will look alot beter than that dear boyo :)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs upstairs and makes sweet love to his cube*

"TBH I wish they had gone ahead with this kind of style for Wind Waker."

They stated after wind waker was released that it was the appropriate style , this is kind of how link would see the world as a child,as he was in the wind waker. Now in this one, hes grown up, hence the more mature style

• Advertisement

Well i loved wind waker and the cel shading suited it perfectly, but this....THIS!!!! *fapfapfapfap*

May 11, 2004 - It's been four long years since Nintendo unveiled its Space World 2000 demo of Legend of Zelda. The realistic take on the action-adventure franchise, which showcased a brief fight sequence between an older, meaner Link and a downright evil looking Gannondorf, was shelved less than a year after its unveiling so that Nintendo could instead pursue the cel-shaded Wind Waker style. But Nintendo fans never forgot about that brief trailer that showed so much promise.

And, as it turns out, neither did Nintendo.
    Today at its pre-E3 event in Los Angeles, Nintendo dropped a earth-shaking bomb. Not only has it secretly been working on a brand new Legend of Zelda title inspired by its famous Space World 2000 demo, but the game is very far along and looks absolutely drop-dead gorgeous.

As the lights dimmed and the brief trailer for the game rolled, press on hand seemed unsure about what to expect. But when the music kicked in -- an homage to the 1998 Ocarina of Time movie spot -- the crowd went wild. (The new Legend of Zelda trailer actually features the same song from composer Basil Poledouris, who orchestrated Conan The Barbarian.) What followed was an awe-inspiring display of cutting-edge graphics and an overall crowd reaction that approached a pure state of euphoria.

The footage showcased a detailed adult Link as he rode his horse across an expansive Hyrule, did battle with a number of different enemy types including a Moblin, Bokoblins and multiple Lizalfos. In one stunning scene, the sun set as dark riders advanced over the horizon. In another, Link battled against a gigantic fire boss. He also explored the forest, seemed to solve puzzles in a dungeon and more. The visuals, featuring what is hands-down the best Link model ever designed and a host of impressive technical feats such as advanced lighting and shadow effects, crisp textures, and impressive draw distance, to name a few, made Nintendo fans' eyes roll in their heads.

After the display ended and the crowd settled, Nintendo designer and director Shigeru Miyamoto took the stage with Master Sword and shield in hand and addressed lucky attendees. "I am not Link, but I do know him!" he joked. "Even after 18 years the Legend of Zelda never stops changing and this game is no different. We are now taking you to a world where Link has grown up -- a world where he will act different and look different. In order to grow, Link must not stand still and neither will I. Thank you and goodbye." With a few more sword swings, Miyamoto stepped off the stage.

The game, simply titled Legend of Zelda (and not Wind Waker 2), is set for release on GameCube sometime next year.

IGNcube will have footage and screens of the game available for download very soon. Because we love you.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/513/513375p1.html

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Holy fúckin' crap that looks incredible.

Nintendo have done good. I'm really looking foward to this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I WNAT TOE SEAX TAHT GAEM!!!111!!oneone!!1

Seriously. With this, the DS and a whole **** load of **** cool nintendo games, it seems to be a good time for nintendo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

thank you nintendo....thank you! *goes to hug and kiss his cube

Holy **** is all i can say!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*does happy dance*
    *wants to have miyamoto's babies at the sight of this*

Shigeru Miyamoto=god like genius.
    I love that man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

That Zelda will sell by the bucket load, and it will be a very good game to boot. but I'm not sure about there being a rack of N64 converts for the DS. I mean, won't you loose some of the control without analogue?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

excellent video.
    Not sure about the Conan The Barbarian soundtrack though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

blimmeh!:eek:

with this and resi4, it looks like the cube still has a bit of spunk.

this is one console that i'll never part with:)

Advertisement