Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell Me How, please!

Options
  • 11-05-2004 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Evening all,

Glad of a bit of help on this one.

I've a new laptop a couple of weeks loaded with Windows XP. Using the internet (Internet Explorer) I had set the options to load a certain Home Page each time I went online.

About a week ago, a new home page opened and continues to open even though I change it back to the home page I want, delete cookies, delete files and clear history. The page is :http://www.e-finder.cc/hp/

I've also checked the list of currently installed programs to see if something slipped in accidentally but I can't see anything.

As I say, its bugging me mad and I'd be grateful for any assistance out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Download Adaware from LavaSoft, run that. Kill what ever is on your pc. Run a virus scan.

That site has Trojan, my virus scan kicked in straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

AdAware

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Also get along to microsoft (use the help and support option from the start menu) and download all the security patches it says you need. You're prolly missing a lot of internet explorer security fixes.

Also seriously consider switching internet browsers and mail clients- IE and Outlook express are notoriously insecure.

Good alternative browsers are :

opera (www.opera.com) also has a good browser with built in email client (the free version has small adverts in the top right hand corner) its my fave.

mozilla (www.mozilla.org) Firefox browser and Thunderbird email client are free and meant to be very good.

Both have functionality far in excess of IE/Outlook express.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dizzie Rascal

Thanks guys. I downloaded AdWare and ran a virus scan. It appears to have cleared away that little bugger. I'll download the patches too.

Cheers

Advertisement