Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eBay! so funny...

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

gimpy has done nothing wrong. People sell xbox boxes on ebay all the time!
    What about those who got an xbox and want to sell it but they've lost the box. We all know 2nd hand goods sell better when they're in their original box.

He *very clearly* stated it was a BOX, not the CONSOLE. He 100% deserves the money he got for it, and the guy who won it is obviously thick as pigsh*t or hasn't got much English. Don't refund him!

Also, he had the item in the correct section. Ebay isn't so specific it has a section for console boxes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Ted_striker

I dont agree with you Etho what this boils down to is if you get a chance to take easy money of somebody whether they are as thick as pigsh*t or not do you take it or tell the guy to keep his money and wise up personally i wouldnt have taken this guys money fine he caught him out have a laugh but dont take his money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by BlitzKrieg
    Hobbes

i think the excuse he gave for that is he had to put something there or else it wouldnt be accepted, personnally i've never sold anything on ebay (one of my many faults, no sell 2nd hand stuff) so i wouldnt know 1st hand.

He could use that as an excuse but the Cops won't buy it. It is so blantly a scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i dug up this thread because i thought i found a new angle on this whole debate (which as you can see went into stalemate a couple of 100 pages back...

and we return to the original argument despite this new evidence.

We have numerous 'XBOX BOX' scam auctions on EBAY, with same jokes etc. BUT gimpy told us this was a 'one time' gag auction to prove he can sell anything.

Either now...These people are really stupid. (And in all fairness i dont think they are,) And are hoping to pull of the same success as gimpy.

OR

It is a series of scams running on the stupidity of first time buyers coming in on the last minutes of a bid or something similar. As Ted pointed out these people buy from each other.

Whats to stop one person with numerous accounts to bid on his own product over and over until its at a high price, in pops an idiot who see's X-BOX, RARE, 100 or so quid. Thinks, its over a 100 so it cant be a scam, and the buyer has good rep. and cause it is like 15min till closes he goes MUST HAVE and messes himself up.

EBAY cant p*ss on gimpy and co because they stated that its a box. And if anyone goes at them for being scammers etc, they laugh it off with a, it was only a gag idea...(which it seems has worked)

well thats my conspiracy theory...and if it is not what they did...well **** i'm gonna do it...

Originally posted by Hobbes
    He could use that as an excuse but the Cops won't buy it. It is so blantly a scam.

It's not a scam! He plainly stated it was a box and NOT a console.
    The guy is an idiot paying that money even if it was an xbox console as you can get them brand new for about £120 anyway!

Don't refund him. People seem to forget that when you win an auction on ebay it is legally binding!

erm, the police never go near ebay. Anyone who's been 'ripped off' on ebay must pursue it with a civil case.

see like i said...stalemate.

Eth0, i know he blatanly said it. But can you please comment on the strange occurance of this auction reappering over and over again on EBAY?

Originally posted by BlitzKrieg
    see like i said...stalemate.

Eth0, i know he blatanly said it. But can you please comment on the strange occurance of this auction reappering over and over again on EBAY?

There are a lot of idiots on ebay. There are probably also a lot of geeks who just want to collect xbox boxes. I don't know. I've never given it much though tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

ARGH! Why won't you leave this thread to die. Alright so a guy paid an extortionate price for a box, get over it already, JEEZ!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gimpy

Hi again. I jsut wanna say I have nothing to do with the other xbox box auctions that have appeared on ebay. People have jsut copied my auction word for word. I even posted on my gamefaqs thread when I found out laughing about it. I find it funny that as well as using the idea to sell the xbox box they have all copied my auction word for word.

Im not stupid, IF I sold another box, I would make sure I put it in a different more suitable catagory (even though I felt mine was fine) since thats the only part of my auction people ever complained about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by eth0_
    It's not a scam! He plainly stated it was a box and NOT a console.
    The guy is an idiot paying that money even if it was an xbox console as you can get them brand new for about £120 anyway!

Don't refund him. People seem to forget that when you win an auction on ebay it is legally binding!

Except for the section he picked, would imply that he was intentionally trying to deceive.
    erm, the police never go near ebay. Anyone who's been 'ripped off' on ebay must pursue it with a civil case.

The Police in the US and UK have arrested people for scamming on eBay numerous times. Another was arrested for killing a scammer as well (they sent a mailbomb to them). All

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Iv'e heard of a lot of idiots actually going over the retail price in bidding, either unknownly or just for the sake of winning a bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'm still waiting for the buyer's story on this whole episode.

[B. Another was arrested for killing a scammer as well (they sent a mailbomb to them). All [/B]

Oh please tell me you have a link to that....now thats funneh!!!

Advertisement