Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compulsive Pooping Bunny!

• 11-05-2004 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

My bunny is about three months old and he poops all over the place. He uses his litter tray for peeing but not the poops. I don't know how to train him so that he knows enough to do both in the tray. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ramius

i used to have a bunny and every second hop out came a poop and nothing would deter him from doing so. but keep trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I've kept rabbits for 12 years, that's just how they poop.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Because of his age it's probably to do with the fact he's now sexually mature and when that happens they LOVE to mark their domain. They do this by pooping all over rather than in a big bunch.

Has he started chinning everything as well?
    Thing to watch for is the spray peeing (or at least that's what I call it) This is your little bundle of joy telling you they 'like' you. I had this done to me so often I was scared to stand still for fear of my trouser legs being soaked, again :D

Having him neutered should fix the problem, other than occasional accidents. Although if you ever bring another bunny in it will happen again until the territory war is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lilsnowbunny

Thanks...I guess it's nice to know that the peeing means he likes you :) He peed on my shoulder once. That hasn't been a problem though so far. I guess I'll just have to keep chasing him with the vacuum!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Battlesnake

Hiya,
    my rabbit isn't loose all the time. She has a large cage which she's in at night time as theres nobody awake to 'supervise' her. She's fed as soon as shes put to bed for the night. By the morning most of the food is gone and has been pooped out the other end. So this prevents large amounts of 'little accidents'
    Also what you could do is take what he's done and place it in the litter tray. This worked with a male rabbit I had before. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement