Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6800 - Opinions?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

if you are going to type a bit then sure - it's quite wide though (to allow a decent enough square size to rotate by 90) - but it's not like your going to do any touch typing - more a fingers 'n thumbs keypad - would any of the enhancements in the 6810 or 6820 interest you? - would think one of the new models should be available with them at some stage (Meteor already supply the 6820)

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by DubWireless
    if you are going to type a bit then sure - it's quite wide though (to allow a decent enough square size to rotate by 90) - but it's not like your going to do any touch typing - more a fingers 'n thumbs keypad - would any of the enhancements in the 6810 or 6820 interest you? - would think one of the new models should be available with them at some stage (Meteor already supply the 6820)

BrianG
    Don't seem to be able to get 6810 or 6820 with Vodafone according to their website. I'm sticking with them cos I get cheap rental thanks to an oversight on their part :). I'm in no rush. I bought a new phone at Christmas. I may hold out. Any insider info on new phones coming ot Voda?

6820 has a digital camera and is triband....not really much I need :)

Voda don't support it yet - would think one of the new models should be available with them at some stage - only Meteor have one of the new models so far (with the 6820) - have a look if any of the features in the 6800's replacements would be important for you - of so then hang on and see - if not then go for it - but i would suggest you try it out first if possible

P.S. 6820 also has Bluetooth and Blackberry capability (requires Blackberry service/subscription)

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

Thats where you are wrong. One of the lads I know got one from a vodafone store and it works pretty good. It is a quality phone but the only thing that would turn me off it would be the size. You are going back to the size of the 5110 but only wider and for me to change from and 8310 would do my head in.

Good phone though. Well your man has not had a problem in the month and a half he has had it. Cant be bad.

Originally posted by pyramid man
    Thats where you are wrong. One of the lads I know got one from a vodafone store and it works pretty good.

hi, think you've got your wires crossed a bit :ninja: - they don't support the 6800's replacement yet (the thread had moved on a bit to discussing the 6820 / 6810)

i was just trying to make the point that as the 6800 has pretty much reached the end of it's shelf life it might be worth hanging on a bit for it's replacement (i.e. the 6820 or 6810)... Meteor already supply the 6820 and it's appeared in the latest O2 'Connect' brochure so Vodafone could well follow suit...

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They're looking at installing a Blackberry server in work, so I may just hold out for the 6810. 6800 seems to have Blackberry connectivity though.

when the 6800 model first came out they mentioned that Blackberry support would be offered in future software - however due to RIM's patent issues it didn't happen when they intended in the US... it did appear in later firmware on the European model (V5.46) but not sure if that's version is the one shipping on the supported handsets from our operators...

when the two new models were being demoed they mentioned both have Blackberry functionality included but with a disclaimer that the Blackberry service is not "intended or authorised by Nokia for use in the US"... the RIM demo used a 6810 too so it's built in from the start in the devices (they also demoed it working with the XDAII and P900)

also, Vodafone did release last month about the introduction of “BlackBerry from Vodafone” to the Irish Market but it didn't mention non-Blakcberry devices in it...

BrianG

Advertisement