Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange International Job

Options
  • 11-05-2004 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

I have just have a strange scenario come up in International Management. I was Australia Manager from 2005 to 2011 , Winning the Oceania Cup three times , 2 third places in Confederations Cup , Third place also in World Cup . FIFA Ranking of 4th . Got sacked after bad confederations cup 2011 where i failed to qualify for semi finals.
    7 Days Later i get offered job of been Polands Internationals Manager . The thing is Poland is not an open league nor is it in my DDT so it doesnt show up on the Job Information Screen. I have full acccess to the Polish Squad , get news on when the polish players get injured but cant see how secure my job is .The Polish FA never even told me their expectations for the Upcoming Euro 2012. I know that the Database changes as years go by and players get added to different countries but i cant find 200 players which is usually needed for internatinal management . I have about 130 to pick from. The only reason i knew about the possibility of the job was when they came to me asking me to be there manager. I had only took it because i was only Portsmouth Manager and love international football hence the DDT file with loads of weaker international sides so i can manage them before moving to the bigger sides.Just Curious has this happened to anyone else before . Has a team not listed on the job information screen approached you to manage their international team. I ll Attach a Screenshot of the International Teams i can manage . Poland is not one of them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

Having trouble with Screenshots . Can anyone Upload them if i emailed them to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

attach them to posts

I ll try again after work and see can i get them attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Something like that happened to me only it was that I took the international job and played away at it and then when I went to look at my staff I noticed I wasn't there that David O'Leary was still there...he had 3 months left on his contract so I figured I'd leave it...Played on finished 2nd in the world cup..then like 2 days after it BAM..I'm gone and so is Dave O'Leary but he then gets re-hired what a sickener!

Sorry was busy at the weekend and didnt get near CM at all to get screenshots . I ll try again do with after work tonight . I am listed as manager in the Polish Staff Screen alright , just poland isnt listed in the job information screen. The reason been they dont have enough players for international management. I have qualified for the Euro Champs 2012 and have about 130 players to pick from for the championships, most of them been 34 or more.. I also noticed the computer takes alot longer to replace managers than in previous seasons , teams are now regularly going 3/4 of the season without appointing a manager which wasnt the case closer to the start of the season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement