Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of taking a college break

Options
  • 12-05-2004 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Finished a Cert course there, two weeks ago...enjoyed it and heading off traveling to South America for the summer, unsure whether or not to coninue on in September.
    The logical thing is that i go onto a Diploma and Degree course but i'm not too sure what to do,parents and the like telling me to get college out of the way when i'm young but to be honest i don't know if i want to spend the next two years living at home.
    I have the option of heading to college in September or coming home and working for a year in the field, saving a few quid, maybe traveling and heading back to college the following year.
    Anyone ever quit/put off college?How did it work out?Did you regret it?Is it easier doing it when your older?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Auburn

Generally it will be harder if you leave it until you're older. Once you're out of the whole college-study routine, you will find that you lose the momentum and it's very hard to regain the same enthusiasm when you're older. This is especially true if you get a job and become used to having a few € in your pocket. :D

If it's living at home that bothers you, why don't you move out? Get a part-time job or ask the parents to support you until you're working in a "proper" job?

Advertisement