Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starting Judo in Cork

• 12-05-2004 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

hey all,
    Can anyone recommend me a place to start judo in cork? im looking to start for the summer.

Thanks
    Pat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Burnt

ucc judo club are training durning the summer on wednesdays afaik

email judo@castor.ucc.ie
    web site: www.ucc.ie/students/socs/judo

terry healy is the coach, also trains the army i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

I goto ucc myself and i was wondering would they still train during the summer with all the student gone home and such.

ill give em an email anyway! thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

All the clubs train throughout the summer, perhaps with reduced hours and members. If you don't get an e-mail reply, just head on down the gym when they are supposed to be training, though at the moment exams are being held in the gym hall.

Originally posted by dudara
    though at the moment exams are being held in the gym hall.

dont i know it i had one on tues in there! operation management and another 3 next week in there! i got a reply from the judo club saying that they will mail me when and if there is training on.

was also looking at Take-Wan_Do in cork, seems my nearest club is in North Mon, might give them an email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I train in TKD in Cork with the Passage West club which is a sister club to the North Mon. Mr Barry is the instructor there and he's a great guy. He's one of two 5th dans in Munster (the other is my instructor Mr. Delea).

I'd be interested to see you join. I know my instructor lets people come along and take a class or two for free to see if their interested in joining so I'm sure Mr. Barry would have no problems there.

INTA and click through to the cork clubs for contact details.

• Advertisement

emailed the instructor and he replied back within a day with charges and class times,looks very interesting, he said to come down anytime and have a look so i might do that once the ol exams are over! training is twice a week. Now i just gotta rework the ol gym schedule!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 corkjudo

hey there.
    just to let you know we have a fairly new judo club in blarney street that will definately be training during the summer.mon and wed night at 8:15 and friday at 6.

Anthony Cotter
    Blarney Street Judo Club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gazza.

Where in blarney street is the judo?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

Just to put another Judo club in the mix for ya. Theres also Cork Judo club , in Colaiste Christ Ri School . Monday and Thursday Evening. Jim & Toni Crocket run it.

Advertisement