Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do AlQ'ueda want Bush re-elected?

Options
  • 12-05-2004 9:25am

Simple question, with probably lots of complicated answers.
    Groups linked to Al'queda released a video yesterday of a civilian contractor( who worked on communication masts ) having his head lobbed off with a butchers knife.

The release of the video coincided with the congressional investigation into the abuse in Iraqi prisons.
    Story here .
    This appears to be turning the tide yet again in america where outrage was expressed at the carry on in the prisons to what is now again outrage towards Al'Queda and Iraqi insurgents.
    It has done Bush a favour imho.
    It's common enough knowledge, that Bin Ladens jihad wants all of us in the west to convert to Islam or be damned as heathen ( theres enough googleable info on his demands without putting it here )

So do you think, that he's got his Man in Bush to promote his conflict and he'll do everything he can in further rhetoric/incidents like this one to outrage americans into support for Bush and the rest of the Neo's in getting them re-elected?

Does Al'Queda want Bush re-elected 11 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    100% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Well....
    yes.

AQ annoy the US voters, Bush burns down some more of the middle east, muslims by the millions are left homeless, bereaved and abused. Lucky for them there is someone who has the best interests of all muslims as his #1 goal.

AFAIK, Hussein had no links to Bin Laden.

What harm to AQ that he is gone ?

Who are they going to set 'the great satan' on next ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

There should be a third option in this poll:

AQ simply don't care whether Bush is re-elected or not. They've been around since before the village idiot from Texas, and they'll no doubt (unfortunately) be around after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

or there's the another theory - bush and bin laden are in it together in the mother of all conspiracies. Bin Laden provides the threat of evil that the Soviet Union no longer provides. Bush can spend an inoordinate amount of money on arms - which benefits daddy's company - The Carlyle Group (defense contractors). From the Guardian, Wednesday October 31, 2001 "among the firm's multi-million-dollar investors were members of the family of Osama bin Laden".
    I'm sure if i had time and inclination it would also be fairly easy to tie Dick Cheney (real power in the white house?) to it via Haliburton (the oil company) - and perhaps the pipeline in Afghanistan - that the Taliban weren't going to give the go ahead for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

On pleeeeese no not another constipation theory.

On the question at hand I'm not sure it matters a whit
    to OBL whos in power. He does'nt require the so-called "Arab Street" to be up in arms. He'll do as he wishes until caught/killed.

That said he might still prefer Bush to Kerry as the former is more likely to do something stupid

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I really had to think about this. I voted 'no'. Actually, I probably shouldn't have voted, as I'm a bit too torn between both viewpoints. Feel free to disregard one of the 'no' votes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Originally posted by mike65
    On pleeeeese no not another constipation theory.

:dunno: sorry

Advertisement