Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gruesome Be-heading

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

No JV, I mean the animals who held down a man, who filmed and beheaded him. Western forces in Iraq are held to account by their own people, they have to operate within certain guidelines, when they dont we all see the consequences of it and at least 7 of them will be punished for their misdeeds, however these animals have no such guidelines, nor does anyone hold them to account. War is hell, we cant all be whinging at treatment of the iraqi prisoners and not have any compassion of this poor man or his family.

I hope they get an express delivery to allah's waiting arms via a cluster bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

this thread isn't about israel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

In this culture of the TV lifestyle you do. Oh you can say how terrible it is, simply dropping words that you heard your parents or friends say.

please, dont attempt to undermine my intelligence, or for that matter, to bring me down to your level.

watch it, dont watch it, it doesnt make a difference.
    you dont need to watch the video to have an objective opinion.

Please explain to me what profound political insights you obtained while jerking off to this video;
    it must be such a thrill for you all.

Yes. I see where your wonderful insights have contributed to this thread.

AS for the jerking aspect. **** Off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    Not for me. When I said "we" I meant "not a poor country".

I don't come from a poor country
    and if it had
    been a peasant from a poor country (not a rich one)
    and advertised like this in order to get a reaction, I would still feel disgusted and saddened.
    Sorry if there was any knid of mix up in my post.

• Advertisement

you dont need to watch the video to have an objective opinion

But it will help to distinguish between Media sensationalism and fact. I'm not lowering your opinions. I just mentioned I thought people should draw their own opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

horrible video. i'm suprised by the amount of people who haven't watched but i guess i understand the point that at the end of the day you know what to expect. i think it was curiousity more thatn anything else that compelled me to watch it.

though i think i regret it now.

btw does anyone know what they say in their speech?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

klaz, I could point you towards videos of Chechen rebels sawing a Russian tank commanders head off with a bowie knife, Israeli soldiers shooting dead a father and son as the father tried to shield his kid from the bullets, a Palestinian suicide bomber in the act of blowing up a pizza shop, etc., etc. In a week from now, people will have forgotten about this killing, just as they have done with countless other examples like the ones I've mentioned. Something else will have taken its place in the headlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by klaz
    Wacker, I've seen worse things on Horror movies than that execution. I'm not trying to be harsh, but it is not a gruesome death to watch. Some images I've seen of the Vietnam and WW2 have been alot more guesome to see.

Its thirty (ish) seconds of them hacking through the throat of the individual. He probably would have been dead after (I'd say at most) 10 seconds. The worst part of the video is the sound, and the head being carried fom the body.

Again i'm not trying to inflame people. But I do think people need to see this. It Will be used by the US as justification. People need to know what the papers and TV are actually commenting on themselves.

Klaz,

that is without doubt, the most callous and deeply disturbing/sickening post I have _EVER_ had the misfortune to read.

You've seen worse in horror movies eh? How about watching somethign and knowing that a REAL human being is actually being killed before your eyes as opposed to some special effects/smoke & mirrors? What if you watched a rape video? Ah sure, we've all seen worse in teh movies right? :rolleyes:

For the record, I have not watched this "video", not because I feel I can't handle it, but on principle that I will not be a consumer to _THIS_.

You watched a snuff movie and dismissed it because you've "seen worse in the movies". Christ, how many f*cking tissues did you get through whilst jerking off to it?

Bottom line, someone actually died in that footage. A scared human being who could apparently be heard begging/crying out before being butchered by something that doesn't even register as excrement on my radar, yet alone human.

Movies? FFS, get some perspective!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Originally posted by Nuttzz
    I'm not going to beat around the bush, these blokes are f*****g animals, no judge, no jury just straight to execution.

they do yeah, they film a bloke getting his head cut off all the time while they chant "god is great". Of course walking into a cafe or ride on a bus with a couple of kg of explosives attached to you is likely to remove your head

Animals, thats all they are.

Er hold on there lone ranger - what's the difference in your idea and theirs - " Straight to execution" Isnt that what they did.

animals....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Originally posted by ChipZilla
    In a week from now, people will have forgotten about this killing, just as they have done with countless other examples like the ones I've mentioned. Something else will have taken its place in the headlines.

no it won't. i really think this is different.

Originally posted by quarryman
    no it won't. i really think this is different.

ill take that bet
    once the news stops reporting it - people will stop remembering it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

An eye for an eye in this case egan007, they have proved they have no respect for another human life, why should we show any respect for their life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Thread locked. It seems that some people here are unable to comply with a simple request to discuss the topic in hand without resorting to off topic attacks on other posters. Which is a pity since this had the potential to be an interesting and informative thread.

Klaz, Sleipnir, Rev Hellfire and Jak: you have all crossed this line. If you do so again you will pick up a ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts, so I'm sorry if this has been said already.

In response to anybody who said that it is wrong to watch the video, don't forget that the only reason why this act has happened is because of the fact the pictures of Iraqi prisoner abuse were released into the public forum.

I'm sure that you are all aware that the Red Cross had reported on the cruelty to detainies as far back as January but these claims were ignored. Unfortunately it wasn't until the pictures were released that the respectives goverments have started to take action. I think that that proves the point of how powerful a picture can be. "A picture is worth a thousand words"

Also don't forget that there is still video footage of the cruelty to the Iraqi prisoners to be released, will you watch that?

As harsh as this sounds, it is only one man that was killed, albeit barbarically, in war zone. Lest not forgot the thousands of innocent people that have also been killed so far but have been labelled "Collateral Damage".

"If one man dies in war it's a tragedy, but if a thousand die it's a statistic"

B.

Originally posted by Nuttzz
    An eye for an eye in this case egan007, they have proved they have no respect for another human life, why should we show any respect for their life

Ever heard - an eye for an eye makes the world blind...

The reason we live in a democracy is so we never stoop to their level - we use a justice system to solve our problems. Be it flawed or not is not the issue here.

And if you believe an eye for an eye is ok in some cases then how do you decide when?

Remember an Eye for an Eye is why they beheaded the guy - as payback. Now you see this as wrong but not the reverse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement