Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splitters and location of same

Options
  • 12-05-2004 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

What does a spliter look like and where am i likely to find one. Just curious

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Bond-007
    What does a spliter look like and where am i likely to find one. Just curious

look outside my house and you can see one. they look lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

don't know if theyre all the same....but the Multigainus 2000icus variety are boring-looking grey boxes, rectangular shaped, with 2 or 3 thick black wires coming out the bottom...and have "Multigain 2000" written on them in blue letters near the bottom. About 8 or so (havent seen one in a while...got mine removed :D) inches tall, and 4 to 6 inches wide...

You'll probably find it on the front of ur house, on a telephone pole, or anywhere the phone line passes near your property... could also be underground though, and I've seen one positioned indoors before because both lines from it went to the same house.

another thing: don't try and remove it, lest ye shalt get an electrical shock and probably blow up anything you connect to the line (phones, computers, etc)....get an engineer to do it...(if you can persuade them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Originally posted by Bond-007
    What does a splitter look like

Reminds me of http://www.eircomtribunal.com/pops/splitter_pop.html

P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

LOL:D

Advertisement