Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leased Line

Options
  • 12-05-2004 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

I need to get a point to point leased line (4Mb or 8Mb) and at one end of the connection there's only eircom cable. Does anyone know if any of the telcos unbundle eircom cable to provide leased lines? Esat have unbundled the exchange for DSL, but would they be able to use the eircom cable to connect to the exchange?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

If you go down that road, even if Esat have a product, it will likely cost almost the same as Eircom. Have you looked into using wireless? How far are the offices you want to connect apart? PM me if you are interested in that route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Ro

They're 12km apart, one end of the link is a data centre so there's loads of telcos out there.

I already have a connection from one of the wireless providers. It's a good connection, but once you go over 5Mb/s you either have to get new equipment or double up on the existing stuff. There's no line of site between the two points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

You can always use a repeater at a different site. With the right equipment, 20mbps+ is possible and does not have to be expensive. Just another option to look at.

Advertisement