Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Were Catching England!!!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

I have no time at all for people who look to see England lose everytime they play because of some chip on their shoulders.

There are a lot of people on this board with this sort of attitude. I find it tb be a sign of people with severe issues. I really have no time or respect for them. Good thing I have more and more of them going on to my ignore list!!!

I won't stand by and let people have a pop at my country because of their small minded hatred.

I'll still cheer Ireland on when they are playing anyone other than England.

But if anyone starts this anti-english crap that springs up here from time to time, I'm sorry but ban me if you choose I won't bite my tongue.

If you said you don't like black people then you would be called racist. Not liking english people is just as bad.

I'm happy to not raise the issue if the mods close any english bashing threads that might crop up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

Brigadier if you would actually read the posts, we have nothing against english people

Originally posted by iasc
    ah theres plenty fun in hating england.. i dont care what sport its at..as long as they do crap...

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    It's no less than they deserve, coming here and taking our land, destroying our culture and murdering our ancestors!!1111111
    Originally posted by PiE
    It's true, most English people are shocked when they realise the hate Irish soccer fans have for their team.

It's definitely not a two-way thing, in general.
    Originally posted by kaids
    No, it isn't. The Irish nation has a chip on its shoulder when it comes to the English. It's blatently obvious, and it isn't mutual.

I'm sorry but I don't imagine it...
    i think its the whole 800 years thing :)
    Lol relax...who ever said anything about 800 years,

That would be you, at least have the sense to read your own posts before making silly comments like that.

don't take everything you read so literaly

mine and NekkidBibleMan comments should be taken with a pinch of salt, PIE's comments were regarding the team not the people as i've said and thats just kaids one opinion. Maybe its just irish humour n stuff that ur not getting about the whole 800 tears, but i wouldnt take it serious, these are irish boards after all.

well If I came out and said "ah sure, can't wait to beat the **** in nigeria" before a game, would that be taken with a pinch of salt?

Is that just a harmless bit of banter?

That is not acceptable, I take exception to the english knocking that some people here come out with.

i couldnt care less about northern ireland, their fans are bigots

I was disgusted by Irish fans when I went to see Ireland Vs Northern Ireland in Lansdown road.

I saw Irish fans spitting and beating up some fans from Northern Ireland. The vitriol coming oout of the Irish fans in the terraces was disgusting.

Originally posted by The Brigadier
    well If I came out and said "ah sure, can't wait to beat the **** in nigeria" before a game, would that be taken with a pinch of salt?

Is that just a harmless bit of banter?

depends what way you said it. if a black english person said it would that be the same as a white english person saying it

That is not acceptable, I take exception to the english knocking that some people here come out with.

well, people are entitiled to their opinions, and i like it when english teams lose.

well you enjoy yourself then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

This thread has decended into farce. Any more of this crap and I'll be turfing people off the soccer forum.

THREAD CLOSED

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement