Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake at GLX - July

Options
  • 12-05-2004 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

We've run Q3 and QW duels and Q3 CTF compos at GalwayLans before, and so far it's looking like Q3 and QW Duels again.
    My knowledge of the various mods isn't great as I don't have a net connection at home with which I can play online.
    Could one of ye recommend OSP/MCMNP/RNDMACRONYM for dueling?

At the moment I'm planning on OSP for Q3 Duels and CA for QW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I'd say for q3 1v1, OSP is the way to go. An alternative is CPMA (promode) which is a diff style altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

K Teams pro for Quakeworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Cool, I'll get them setup and configured.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Right:

Q3 CTF (Threewave? OSP?)

Q3 Duels (OSP more than likely)

QW 2v2 (What mod to use for this?)

Also, where could I pickup the linux servers for this?
    Anyone care to throw up a quick guide to running linux Q3/QW servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Q3 = OSP for everything.
    QW = Kteams pro for 1v1, 2v2, 5v5 etc, and also, get the latest Clan Arena server.

For linux quake, just download the linux binarys for "Quakeworld extended" which is called mvdsv.

Put it into the right directory, eg: /home/syxpak/quake
    Then run a terminal, and type ./msdsv in the right directory.

You'll have to set the options such as "gamedir kteamspro" and "map dm4" yourself in the window.

http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/quake/quakeworld/server/mvdsv/linux/

If you have Quake3 running, you can just start a new server through the game menus, and click the dedicated button, which will bring the game down to a terminal.

You can set the options by callvoting them in game.

Just make sure you have the maps in the right place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Syxpak: I already have kteams pro and a CA server setup and ready to go, you couldn't have just asked me? :).

for q3 osp is all that's being played atm really but I'd like to give promade/cpma a go as I hear they allow SPEED.

Advertisement