Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you touch this GX30?

Options
  • 12-05-2004 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

My GX30 was stolen recently along with the 512MB SD Card. €520 down. DAMN. Anyway I'm looking at getting a new one and since I can't upgrade agian I'm looking at Sim free options. Would you buy this phone from eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4188448138&ed=1084352942000&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOT:UK:3

£210 seems almost too good to be true and the buyer is instructing payment through Western Union not PayPal. However out of 23 sales he has only one negative comment and that one comment seems dubious itself. The person who left it has a rating of -2! Seems to leave nasty comments everywhere. The e-mail the seller sent is written well enough but one or two grammatical errors would suggest that maybe English is not his first language.

Anyway, thanks for any advice and if this post isn't appropriate for the forum, sorry and feel free to delete it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭chabsey

Now sure, but the price is tempting. I've been keeping an eye on possible GX30 and P900 bargains and was in contact with some people selling phones at ridiculous prices (400 euros for 2 P900s!!). However, it turned out they were based in some central Asian country and while you *might* get the phone after payment...you might not too. Too big a risk for me.

EDIT: Just read through a few of the comments. Stay well away, they mention account hi-jacking and while it might not be true, why would someone bother to try and defame a ligit seller. Sounds very dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Western Union - run a mile, there's no comeback whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GenericName

yep, looks like the account has been hijacked. Everything else he's sold has been through PayPal. This is the only item that's payment through Western Union. Not getting my money!

Cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

you must be loaded! got ur €500 fone stolen and you just go out and buy another!

never have dealt with e-bay and never will, it's just too risky for pricey items. you send away your money and if you dont receive the fone there's nothing you can do about it.

for an extra few hundred your guaranteed your phone brand new. it's better to be safe than sorry. the last thing you want to do is lose another few hundred quid for nothing or else end up with a dodgy fone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

absolutely not.

anyone on ebay that insists on western union (or a dodgy escroe) just take as a definate scam, theres no reasonable motive to use the worst, most unsecure methods of payment out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Sorry for butting in guys but as someone who nearly got scammed out of 1000 quid I will never trust anyone on ebay again.

The guy I dealt with had great reports and was dealing through paypal I even spoke to the guy, but I just got that feelin' and it turned out to be spot on the guy had scammed 4 other bidders out of a grand each.

All I can say is if it smells like **** then it most likely is ****.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

i use ebay all the time for expensive items and one thing to know is stay away from sellers using western union, at least through PayPal if you follow up on a bad sell, you can get your money back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

That guy was probably gonna sell you back your first GX30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

just noticed he joined on september 11th 2001. not that it matters much but i'd have thought people would have been anywere but ebay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭J-537

I just had a look at GenericName's link and that guy is "Not a registered user" anymore !

And he scamed 3 ppl on his way out the door - :dunno:

And if your looking for a GX30 look at this thread, it might be of some use to ya !

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=157650&highlight=gx30

• Advertisement
Advertisement