Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JetGreen Airways Gone bust

• 12-05-2004 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Will we get our money back if the airline is 'bonded' ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

A girl in work was filling me in on the details saying that no money will be returned. People who are on holidays now however will have there return flights honoured.

Could be wrong though :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

How does your mate in work know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

AFAIK they were bonded so money should be returned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

They were not an airline. They had no airline licience. They were flying under Icelandic Air's call sign (FI). Reckon first in line looking for dosh will be Icelandic and then the handlers, Servis Air I think. After that joe public if anythings left. Could be bonded though but not sure as its not stated on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

I think they are bonded.

But according to this website in the *UK

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-1102373,00.html

IF they're bonded it dont mean jack..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

According to the story on Aertel :

"The Aviation Regulator, Bill Prasifka, said all JetGreen Airways' passengers would be covered by a bond lodged with his office. JetGreen has left passengers in Spain to make their own arrangements for getting home, despite the terms of its licence. Thousands more people who had booked tickets over the internet will also be recompensed. " from here

So ppl should be fairly ok, apart from having to make their own way home if they are stranded. Im sure Ryan Air or Aer Lingus will be trying to squeeze as many stranded ppl on their flights as poss.....

Possibly even to the extent of putting on an extra aircraft or two...although thats purely speculation on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by ding
    They were not an airline. They had no airline licience. They were flying under Icelandic Air's call sign (FI). Reckon first in line looking for dosh will be Icelandic and then the handlers, Servis Air I think. After that joe public if anythings left. Could be bonded though but not sure as its not stated on their website.

Jetgreen were licenced as a Tour Operator. They have the services of a licenced airline to take passengers. They were not licenced as a travel agent or as an airline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

It's pretty incredible that they only lasted a week. I had a feeling though that their low fares + meals on board + first class policy would end them up in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

My brother is getting married in rome in a few weeks, half his friends had booked with these guys, now they won't be compensated in time to make alternative arrangements, fairly lously i think.
    At last count around 45,000 people had booked with them, only a few got the 1 or 2 euro flights.

Although getting stranded in spain wouldn't be so bad, good excuse for work on a monday morning.:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement