Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HL2 E3 2004 Video

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Its ok...theres a lot of still images in it though. Oh yeah and the release date announced it September 1st (2004 of course :P)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

" lot of still images in it though" Ya wha? There 2 still images in it!"

Well, I thought it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by L5
    Its ok...theres a lot of still images in it though. Oh yeah and the release date announced it September 1st (2004 of course :P)

Can we start placing bets on some dramatic incident pushing it back another year when it gets close to September?

*valve headquarters destroyed by freak earthquake, HL2 source consumed by fire*

I think they're supposed to make some sort of big announcement later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

it looks FooKin amazing from that video

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

I think it's gona be earlier than sept.

early july im bettin on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by bus77
    I think it's gona be earlier than sept.

early july im bettin on

Your gonna jinx it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I best start putting some cash away for a new rig then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=55526

interviews and stuff.

It's obviously very scalable. What's the absolute benchmark PC you'd need to run the game?

Doug Lombardi: Really the key there is GPU first, RAM second, CPU third. So, a Direct X 9 level video card - we're finding the best on the 9800XT, and is what we're showing the game on and what will be showing the game on at E3 - but any Direct X 9 level video card, so in ATi's world that's a 9600 or better. In terms of RAM, the min sys spec I believe is a 128 RAM, but once you get to 256 or so, you're gonna be good. Anything beyond that is just sort of gravy on top of that. And then on the processor side, the min sys spec is a 1GHz, but to really sort of have full functionality and all the bells and whistles and voodoo whatnot, probably a 1.4 or a 2.0.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

just downloaded the e3 video and its renewed my faith in this game

me wants it and me wants it now

shin

• Advertisement

I'm bittorrenting an interview with doug lombardi from this morning and the Nintendo E3 conferance :)

All i can say is if this game is not out this September, I will personally kick doug Lombardi in the nuttz

Shin

Well, they've made/are going to make an announcement today with a set date. If they miss this date, I'm organising a Boards Doug Lombardi hunt. Who's with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

The official half life 2 site is now up

http://www.half-life2.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

So a Ati or Nvidia 9800pro/5900 ulta 512 meg of ram and a 2 ghz cpu and you can play HL2 on full detail ?

cool im sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by bizmark
    So a Ati or Nvidia 9800pro/5900 ulta 512 meg of ram and a 2 ghz cpu and you can play HL2 on full detail ?

cool im sorted

Was wondering if my post was invisible there for a sec ...LOL

Think everyone sorted :Di is well sorted anyway.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I’m more looking forward to Doom 3 tbh and if HL2 can run on those specs im sure D3 will run on them too

So im a happy bunny

Torrent for today's HL2 and CS2 movie from E3

holy crap early summer, right thats me gonna take 3 months off work, lock meself away in darkened room, only emerging for food and toilet, god my bones are beginning to feel like they did 5 and a bit years ago, all tingly and excited

Can the holy Grail be this close

Can Repititive Strain Syndrome be only a small step away

Lest hope so

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

what are the chances someone will die from palying either HL2 or Doom3 too much and no sleap and or lack of food/water?
    didnt that happen to more than 1 person with CS?
    1 person here in ireland in a net cafe neay about 8 months ago i think....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by User45701
    what are the chances someone will die from palying either HL2 or Doom3 too much and no sleap and or lack of food/water?
    didnt that happen to more than 1 person with CS?
    1 person here in ireland in a net cafe neay about 8 months ago i think....

afaik that was in korea

a guy was playing for 36 hours straight in a cafe and they found him in the toilet dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This is very exciting...

Courtesy of Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=55530
    The legendary online FPS Counter-Strike is to receive a Souce-engine makeover and re-released this summer, Valve boss Gabe Newell revealed at E3 this morning.

Following the latest showing of numerous gameplay demos of Half-Life 2 (which will be available for download via Eurogamer later today), Newell surprised the 20-strong audience by showing off the Aztec level of Counter-Strike running in Source.

When quizzed, he said that the game would not be a free update, but would in fact be released commercially via retail and for download via Steam at the same time as Half-Life 2, at the end of this summer.

All other Half-Life content would also be made available in enhanced form, he said, including Half-Life itself, Team Fortress, Opposing Force and Blue Shift. It is not known what the retail price will be, but it is thought to be at standard budget price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

"
    Eurogamer: Was this just a case of rewriting parts of Steam effectively? Was the game pretty much done in terms of content?

Doug Lombardi: No, no, I mean we weren't done.
    "

Like, nobody guessed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    afaik that was in korea

a guy was playing for 36 hours straight in a cafe and they found him in the toilet dead.

Weak fuck.

36hours is nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by bizmark

cool im sorted
    sweet, i'll just get a cheap 9800pro/xt this summer... snorted:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah. The quality is ****ty, and it really shows in the outside areas - lots of compression artefacts. Plus it was done with a camcorder.

• Advertisement

Yet it still looks ****ing incredible.

Advertisement