Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HL2 E3 2004 Video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Weak fuck.

36hours is nothing.

I actually think it was something around 50 hours with no food or sleep playing Diablo 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Big Chief
    is that the same video as -

http://darklightning.mine.nu/itons/files/Half%20Life%202%20and%20CounterStrike%20E3%20demo%20movie.rar

which shows the new cs etc aswell?
    cheers:)
    most of the common video formats are blocked here

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/140589.shtml

ATI and VU videos in one big **** off file. Oooooh, yeah. The VU video is different to the ATI one btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Originally posted by feylya
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=55526

Early Summer Release :D

Interesting reading. It's good to see that Valve won't let Half-Life turn into a crappy movie.

http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/1735/hl2_fulldemo_e32004-zip.torrent

There's a torrent to the full 600meg compilation of the ATI and VU videos. Hope torrents are allowed here.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Originally posted by Stephen
    Can we start placing bets on some dramatic incident pushing it back another year when it gets close to September?

*valve headquarters destroyed by freak earthquake, HL2 source consumed by fire*

My dog eat the source code!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by n1ck
    I actually think it was something around 50 hours with no food or sleep playing Diablo 2.
    that's an improvement :)

I heard of a guy (was on ElReg a while back) who collapsed and died after ~72 straight hours of Evercrack.
    Possibly the same netmyth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

It wasn't a myth, but you are all referring to the one story: The guy in Korea who played EverCrack online for 122 hours straight. He went to the bathroom complaining of a nosebleed and was found dead on the floor half an hour later. Grizzly stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Is there anything substantially different in the VU video than the ATI one? (ie is it worth the download? :))

AFAIK, it's completely different to the ATI video. I'll tell you in about 4 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

[looks at watch/]

Eh its been 4 hours.. tut

Sorry, I was too busy watching it.

<CS Geek>

OMFG!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!! it fuxing r0x0rz!!!!

</cs>

Yes, it's worth getting. It's 2 different presentations of HL2 and it's absolutely incredible!

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    afaik that was in korea

a guy was playing for 36 hours straight in a cafe and they found him in the toilet dead.

Heard about that aswell!!:eek:

Originally posted by feylya
    Sorry, I was too busy watching it.

<CS Geek>

OMFG!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!! it fuxing r0x0rz!!!!

</cs>

Yes, it's worth getting. It's 2 different presentations of HL2 and it's absolutely incredible!

any http links?

Sweet chap!!! 200kb/sec too :D:D:D:D

Bah, I was only getting 56kbps today :( Three and a half bloody hours. But so worth it. Enjoy "working".

Man the source version of CS (CS2 for Feyla ;) ) looks the dogs bollox. I am as excited about this and the reworking of the original as I am about HL2..

If this was the work they have been doing in the past year then it was a worthwhile wait I tell ya!!

CS2 CS2 CS2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre

CS2 CS2 CS2

they didnt show or say anything about cs2 do you know something we dont? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Originally posted by tuxx
    they didnt show or say anything about cs2 do you know something we dont? :rolleyes:

Im not sure if its that video that has cs2 on it but towards the end of one of them it shows cs2 and it looks very sweet indeed running through the water on aztec and them being shot at and the water spraying up. Looked very sweet indeed.

• Advertisement

Its not CS2, its just CS1 modified to use the source engine's bells and whistles. Yer man doing the commentry says as much in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I read in a mag that when you buy HL2. U also will be able to get "CS2" or what ever its going to be called running on the new HL2 engine. Also you will get all the classic HL2 mods running on its engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Ahh we posted at the same time but you just got in before me :)

yes thats what i was trying to say just cs running on source

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

both of those say you need a username an password what are they

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

There not offically calling it CS2 because it's just cs running on the source engine ''as was already said'' but i heard that the original halflife and tfc ( source engine versions ) will also be available soon after hl2 ships.That 25min 700mb video is fookin sweet btw.

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Cmon TFC2!

Originally posted by Big Chief
    is that the same video as -

http://darklightning.mine.nu/itons/files/Half%20Life%202%20and%20CounterStrike%20E3%20demo%20movie.rar

which shows the new cs etc aswell?
    I couldn't get this clip working on any of my players. Has anyone had the same problem?

How can I solve it???:eek:

you have the divx code installed right?

• Advertisement

It requires the Xvid codec.

Advertisement