Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Website

• 12-05-2004 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭

www.galwaylan.net
    www.galwaylan.com
    www.galwaylan.org
    Just registered them a few minutes ago.
    They still have to propogate through the web, have the DNS records setup, vHosts etc. and the actual website needs to be finished (started?).

In other news www.syxpak.com exists as of 20minutes ago, though in a similar limbo condition to the galwaylan domains.

Also, At GLX, GalwayLAN will be 3 years old, pretty much to the day.

Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live
    --Unknown

You're not getting older, you're getting better
    --Unknown

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Best host them on frink blackle is having issues atm i.e its auld and i need the bandwidth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Sure where else :)

The DNS zone is already point towards frink's address, and they will eventually work properly (as in www.galwaylan.com/gallery instead of www.compsoc.nuigalway.ie/~syxpak/galwaylan/gallery when you click on the gallery link after typing in galwaylan.com). We (CompSoc) just have to finish up getting the DNS zone setup for frink and the other machines.
    I'll have mail then later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Put boobies on the main page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Why is www.galwaylan.org an alias for the compsoc website?

My eyes are sore now, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

put goatse on main page to scare away any noobies to prepare them for whats in store :D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Fobia
    Why is www.galwaylan.org an alias for the compsoc website?

My eyes are sore now, thanks.

Poke your father to speed up the provisioning of the CompSoc DNS zone and all will be sorted :)

Then we just have to cajole Seosamh into cooperating with regards the MX records....

Maybe I don't want things to be sorted, damn compsoc nards all of you!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

The site now consits of just a copy of the contents of what was placed on room101 but still its great to see a galway lan site. Hope there is lots of space for pics from the lan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by timeout
    The site now consits of just a copy of the contents of what was placed on room101 but still its great to see a galway lan site. Hope there is lots of space for pics from the lan :)
    aye
    what happened to all of the pictures that were taken at GLIX?
    5 minutes couldn't go by without a ****ing flash going off. you'd think at least 1 pic would be floating about...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by tman
    aye
    what happened to all of the pictures that were taken at GLIX?
    5 minutes couldn't go by without a ****ing flash going off. you'd think at least 1 pic would be floating about...
    Asok's been busy photoshopping them into salacious poses...

• Advertisement

Come rub my dirty genie

Originally posted by timeout

Heheheheheheheheheheheheh
    Site hosted on http://frink.nuigalway.ie

There are a pile of pictures around, but people ran off without letting me grabt hem to my machine or even mailing them to me (email or bung em on a CD and use An Post - they need the business).

Frink.......hah. I need not comment further.

Hahaha thats funny because its ran better than any of computer services servers hahahahaahahahahah gg shots pld.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Careful not to induce a frownie.

And my dad can beat up your dad.

I need not post a frowny as I am clearly laughing my head off. :>

Originally posted by Asok
    Hahaha thats funny because its ran better than any of computer services servers hahahahaahahahahah gg shots pld.

I would now like to take this opportunity to say that Asok's views are not neccessarily aligned with those of CompSoc.

Nah thats true im their naughty neighbour hell bent on bringing nuig to its knee's.

[troll]
    Its not like im saying that they wouldnt know descent admin'ing even if it crawled up their own arse and brought them to orgasm through prostate stimulation.
    [/troll]

ASOK FOR GOVERNOR!

Originally posted by Asok

ASOK FOR GOVERNOR!

I second this motion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i would of put them up but due to the fact that the mobo on the laptop stopped working and a 160 hdd broke just after the lan i lost all the pics . think ive the movie spanking number6 lying around tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

so nobody got any pics of quetzal being bullied/anal raped/pwned/etc. ?
    was funny to watch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Oh let ye be warned anyone annoying quetzal will be dealt with via my size 13 :)
    Infact im getting my own soundproof and somewhat of short sightedness on my part airproof cave for the weekend.

Originally posted by Caliden
    so nobody got any pics of quetzal being bullied/anal raped/pwned/etc. ?
    was funny to watch :D

tbh I don't want to see that sort of thing again.
    A bit of craic is grand, but when he can't even kick you in the balls it aint sporting.

And here was me thinking ye'd grown up a bit ;)

Advertisement