Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Tender

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Jesus H. Christ. Don't be such a muppet. Banker take their time with their jobs because if they make a mistake the punters will be the first ones to come down on them like a ton of unused coins.

I'd much rather have a banker take 3 or 4 minutes to carry out a transaction 100% accurate, than rush it through in 20 seconds and botch it.
    Originally posted by leonotron
    Oh god, I'm sorry for not thinking of you when I bring my coin into the bank. I apologise for you having to do your job.
    Maybe the queue is held up because bank workers are usually really slow and with chips on their shoulders.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I will NEVER understand the mentality of throwing coins in a jar and then emptying it a few months later

i never carry coins of any amount, with a wallet, keys, mobile thats enough without all that jingle jangle, they all go into a rather large jar

ps on the coins front I presume you will unbag the coins, just dump the money and leave

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I use 1, 2, and occasionally .5 but anything smaller goes into a jar.
    This jar is now full of coins, obvoisly I want to lodge it.
    What would the bank (BOI) like me to do?

Their quicklodge envelopes say "no coin", their cashiers don't want to count it,
    If I bag it will they accept it at the counter willingly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Originally posted by vector

If I bag it will they accept it at the counter willingly?

yep, they will weight the bags to make sure your not telling porkies though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I just noticed that the AIB quicklodge envelopes dont forbid coins, in fact there is no mention.

• Advertisement
Advertisement