Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DEFIANT question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah i've the tech manual and it does have info on the defiant but no blueprints and as best i can make out there isn't anything on what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

are they cup holders?

that was my first thought as well but i thought about it a bit more i reckoned they'd need more then 8 for all the people on the ship

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

nah they wouldnt... just the 7 senior staff (+ 1 VIP).... the peons (I mean regular crew) don't get coffee breaks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

might be some helpful info here..

http://www.ussmiranda.com/ships/defiant.htm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

naut2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

ecksor's a trekkie?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Maybe they're the mysterious toilets that we never seem to see aboard the ship? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭The Admiral

Apparantly they're plasma vents !!!

Thanks to all who contributed to this very helpfull discussion ! Now I can sleep peacefully again ! :p

Thanx guys& girls !!!

The Admiral

ps: about the suggestion of cup holders... maybe they are storage vats for Klingon Bloodwine.... wasn't Worf captain of the Defiant :dunno: ??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i was right-ish!

• Advertisement

no you weren't you where wrong, like you're always wrong ya muppet

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Seriously lads, less guessing and more research.

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    no you weren't you where wrong, like you're always wrong ya muppet

I said they where part of the engines which they are

And ecksor-Bot :p where did you find that image ?

interesting fact i learned tonight was that the defiant has two rear quantum torpedo launchers

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    interesting fact i learned tonight was that the defiant has two rear quantum torpedo launchers

It has 2 front q-torps and 1 rear photon torp launcher which was seen fireing in some ds9 ep where did you hear it had 2 rear faceing quantums

tis in the fact files under weapons and defensive systems

And where are they hideing those 2 launchers......Hard core trekies cant find even one launcher at the rear of the ship (though it does have one) we have only ever seen 1 (single) photon launched from the back of the ship never a quantum and never 2

I think thats bull**** tbh the factfiles had some mistakes in it me thinks thats one of them.

either side of the bit that kinda sticks out at the back, sure there are mistakes in em, so much that they released stickers to cover over the mistakes, fixing number and whatnot, but this is in one of the kinda blueprint things clearly showing the launchers not just in the text.

saying that though they have a pic of the defiant firing something that i think looks like quantum torpeodes from the same place as i think the phasers come from i.e. either size of the nose while their blueprint doesn't have any launchers there just the phasers i think.

meh its not canon but i thought it was interesting.

Those red glowing things on the back are the impluse engines ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 GayBasher

Space ship penis injectors, these are used to reproduced ships quickly in the field without the use of a space dock
    Originally posted by The Admiral
    Because I'm working on the design of a Starfleet ship with Maya, I'm putting together a list of systems that must be on board, just like all Starfleet vessels. I came up with something I cannot recall what it is for exactly. I've seen it on several occasions with several ships, but don't remember what it is for. I attached two pics of the Defiant and circled the round shapes on the top side of it. I guess it serves some kind of shield or transporter system.Can anyone please confirm this or tell me what it's for ?

Thanks !
    The Admiral

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭The Admiral

Originally posted by GayBasher
    Space ship penis injectors, these are used to reproduced ships quickly in the field without the use of a space dock

Your point being ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Petoria

Originally posted by The Admiral
    Your point being ?

He was answering the question. Like, DUH!

MOD!!!! Kill the idoits mod!

he's been banned, he's really leonotron apparently, he's been banned as well :)

Advertisement