Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help me pick some alloys and size of them for my mark 4 Golf 1.4l.

Options
  • 12-05-2004 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I need help picking alloys for my car. I have a Golf 1.4l and all i want to do is add alloys to it. IM thinking what size should i go for? And what type look nice on the Golf? Any links or reccommend any dealers who can do a job for me? I also need a cd player fitted. Is this possible to do it myself if I know nothing about it?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

17 or 18 in bbs look good know a guy with 18s no problems with steering at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I think its all down to these 2 types

First Choice

Second Choice

Ive seen lots of different types on Golfs, some are absolutely lovely and some
    are so bad they take the look away from the car..

But thats just my personal choice.. :D

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Toxic Paddy has the right idea with his first choice, there was a thread on here about a month or so ago about doing up the Mk4
    See link --> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=150239&perpage=20&pagenumber=1
    I like the standard gti alloy, you'll notice they're on a VR6 Mk4 in the picture I put up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

what you want is some tasty bbs rims...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy

Second Choice

Ive seen lots of different types on Golfs, some are absolutely lovely and some
    are so bad they take the look away from the car..

But thats just my personal choice.. :D

Tox

I wonder how much www.alloy-wheels.ie charge for that type, check www.tyresave.co.uk for good prices and decent delivery charges.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Toxic Paddy's second idea would have been valid in 1996 when TSW venoms would have been considered ok. To put a set of them wheels on your car you will devalue it something terible and everyone will think your a nut.

Dont bother with overpriced BBS either. There are plenty of decent rims for alot less money.

Advertisement