Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Juniour Cert fourm

Options
  • 12-05-2004 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

OK, I'm in 2nd year and find it very hard to believe that there's no resources on the web for the Juniour Cert course! It's even harder to believe that you, Boards.ie, dosen't have a thread for it! I think that there should be a Juniour Cert thread under the Society dropdown and in the Education fourm!

On this board, we can swap info between each other and help each other get throgh it and basically answer people's revision questions!

Well, what do you think?

Leaving cert is easier than Juniour Cert 5 votes

GOD yes!
    0% 0 votes
    GOD no!
    100% 5 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Junior Cert? Phft. Not a big deal.
    Originally posted by Rip_Curl
    I think that there should be a Juniour Cert thread under the Society dropdown and in the Education fourm!

Now you're talking unreasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

The Junior Cert is only an excuse for underage drinking!!!
    (can anyone remember the name of the polition who said that)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, for us doing the juniour cert, it is a big deal! I mean, my friend's parents are making him do HIGHER LEVEL in EVERY Subject possible! And my other frind who IS DOING IT THIS YEAR can't even leave his house he's inder so much pressure!

ANOTHER THOUGHT: Why can't us juniour certs also talk about stress relieving if you agree to open this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Do your parents know your on the internet. :)

There are very few JC students on boards. Is a forum really needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Pah, Junior Cert, Junior Shmert. And it's a second year that's suggesting it and everything, how depressing! I mean really, if you're feeling stressed over the Junior Cert, do what every other 15 year old does and masturbate furiously in your room.

What next? A board for primary school Spellings & Tables tests? A board to help kids deal with the stress that comes with colouring in pictures of cartoon animals and houses? Where do we draw the line!!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Well, for us doing the juniour cert, it is a big deal! I mean, my friend's parents are making him do HIGHER LEVEL in EVERY Subject possible! And my other frind who IS DOING IT THIS YEAR can't even leave his house he's inder so much pressure!

ANOTHER THOUGHT: Why can't us juniour certs also talk about stress relieving if you agree to open this thread?

Those parents are ****, full stop. Junior cert means nothing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

pah! junior cert. I did it last year, not a big deal at all....relax will ya u are only in 2nd year you have a whole summer to enjoy ureself and not think about school.

skool.ie has good stuff if u are worried btw

now f off and enjoy boards and stop thinking about school will ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Pah, Junior Cert, Junior Shmert. And it's a second year that's suggesting it and everything, how depressing! I mean really, if you're feeling stressed over the Junior Cert, do what every other 15 year old does and masturbate furiously in your room.

What next? A board for primary school Spellings & Tables tests? A board to help kids deal with the stress that comes with colouring in pictures of cartoon animals and houses? Where do we draw the line!!?

:):):):):)

Nothing but funny! Cheered me up. OK, everyone's saying scrap the idea, so I will! BTW, if mods wish do delete this thread, feel free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

:):):):):)

Nothing but funny! Cheered me up. OK, everyone's saying scrap the idea, so I will! BTW, if mods wish do delete this thread, feel free!

The thread is unimportnat, the pressure your parents are putting on you is. MAybe this would be better in PI. The Junior Cert is jsut a trial run for the leaving which is just as big a piss take.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Give the lad a board ffs..

maybe he will learn how to spell 'juniour' and 'fourm'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Seriously. By the time you reach 5th or even 4th year, the Junior Cert is just like any ol' exam. Just enjoy your youth; fly a kite, take up a new hobby, go drinking in the park. But just don't waste your days worrying about or even studying (in 2nd year no less) the Junior Cert. If you study a month before those exams you'll do grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

My junior cert was gas. Did it at the same time as the World Cup in France. Everyone walked out of English paper two after 45 minutes to watch Brazil versus Scotland, was bloody hilarious. As was the Junior Cert. Dont stress mate cos nobody remembers what they got (8 honours 1 pass)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

eh... junior cert you say, is that before or after the inter.... no hold on maybe its the replacement for the group cert;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Did my JC last year.
    All honours besides Irish, ordinary.
    Got all Bs and Cs, and one D. That was in English.
    And no study required.

Man, I'm so lazy.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

11 honours (and 6 languages ffs!)

What? ........... what?!

Honestly, dont sweat the JC too much but do study for it. You can always improve your mind.
    I dont know about a JC forum, in many ways I think it might be a bit of a laff..
    You dont get the right to communicate with your peers until 18?

I remember doing the LC (god I'm showing my age even calling it that; I feel like my parents!). It was SUCH a huge deal at the time and dont get me wrong, it IS important but looking back its just a pressure cooker to see if you can take it. Relax and just ride it out.

I'm drunk anyway so this is all nostalgia.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Thread hijack.

How about a spelling / grammar nazi forum?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by DeVore
    I'm drunk anyway so this is all nostalgia.

Drunk on power. (Paddy Power).

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ps: I screwed with the poll because... well because it made me laugh when I thought about doing it.

Also, the ad on the page was this:
    Ordinary Level maths - www.leavingcertsolutions.com
    Ordinary Level maths solutions Free solutions on line

which made me feel that we were right about the google ads.

Um... perhaps I should go to bed.

DeV.

Originally posted by ecksor
    Drunk on power. (Paddy Power).

Is that Paddy's? or Powers?

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Care to have a wager on that?

• Advertisement

what are you talking about?

Actually I dont know if its Paddy's or Powers I'm drinking... it wasnt marked but it was whiskey.

Actually this seems like a bad derailment of a JC topic to be talking about swigging whiskey. Though perhaps not.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

You kids will be the death of me!
    Tom have you been swiggin whiskey ya little devil and you jerry eggin him on well jazus and all the saints would be weeping at ye! now up to your rooms ye will have no supper tonight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by Asok
    You kids will be the death of me!
    Tom have you been swiggin whiskey ya little devil and you jerry eggin him on well jazus and all the saints would be weeping at ye! now up to your rooms ye will have no supper tonight!!

Party Pooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I thought this was a joke when i saw the topic,
    You miscs actually want a jouner cert fourm? i dont understand why.
    What possible purpse could this serve? The solitare forum is a better idia.

person 1: "I won!"
    person 2: "Brillent"
    person3: "I almost won, dont u just hate it when there is only 1 card left to be uncoverd and u cant get to it?"
    person4: "i know what u mean- i hate that"
    person 3 "Hey i won my last game!"
    person 2 "well done!"

Joincer cert fourm

person1: "Hey i know lets all waste all out time doing work on something that dosent matter 1 bit in life"
    person2: "great idia! il start right now"
    person3: "ye me 2"
    *some hours later*
    person1: "well i just did my study 3 hours of it im going to do great in the test tomorrow!"
    person2: "ye m2!"
    person4: " emm ye u all are wasting ur lives why not enjoy yourselvs, you think ur smart because u get great grades but why not thing about this - The jouner cert dosent matter, it has no effect on anything."
    person3: "yes it does!"
    person3: "how?"

BTW I like the froum name chnage, i saw it and said to myself well i dont reley get it but after seing this topic i completly agree it is Bickering / Suggestions.

Ok but in reality what purpse would a jouner cert fourm serve? it reley is pointless

EDIT: after reading over this thread again with the references to stress i say "lol"
    Why dont you just enjoy yourself
    Drink with friends if u like to drink
    play computer games if u like to play computer games

It is the jouncer cert u think if u get all F`s it will have even the smallest effect on ur leaving (another useless fou8rm/test btw but lets not get into that now)
    The entire education system is messed up- there is a better way of running it.
    Its kinda funny the way people allow themselves to be conditioned into how importent the leaving and jouner certs are.

I cant wait to ppl start having breakdowns and stuff like that, there where 2 small breakdowns im my class and i couldent stop laughing

Life is a gamble, it depends, do u take risks?
    The riskyer the road the greater the proffit.

It would bring up the level of grammer and spelling which is lacking.

You mean grammar, right?

Sure if your using English Classic :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by User45701
    The solitare forum is a better idia

think of the possibilities. i'm behind that one

Originally posted by Asok
    Sure if your using English Classic :rolleyes: :D

You mean "you're", right?

• Advertisement

This thread closed due to an over abundance of anus.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement