Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xp probs

Options
  • 12-05-2004 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

I seem to have serious probs with XP, looking for service pack atm on the microsoft site, but when i tried to install certain programs it said windows installer not installed properly or running in safe mode, it's not the latter so how do i rectify this problem?

Everytime i make a website or any d/led one etc it crashes windows explorer, this can get annoying when developing sites... This related to service pack problems? Anyway I can get a quick patch for this as again not on microsoft site, on 56k d

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Are you getting MSi installer issues?
    If so post the error you get exactly.
    I seen this before and googled the error and there is a fix to it but its not a service pack something extra 9it really means your install of Xp is buggered but there is a fix)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

This windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode or if the windows installer is not installed properly...

doesn't say anything else, couldn't find a fresh install for wi on the microsoft site, i'd say it is that prob cause only happened after i reinstalled windows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Sorry for double post but cheers for help, got solution from here :http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1063940326
    1. Go to the control panel 2. Open "Computer Management" 3. On the left there should be a tab labelled "Services and Applications", click the + to expand it 4. Highlight the "Services" subsection of "Services and Applications" 5. On the right there hsould be a long list of services, under which is "Windows Installer" 6. Right click on "Windows Installer" and go to properties 7. Make sure the start-up type is on "Automatic" 8. Press OK, close the Computer Management, close Control Panel 9. Good to go I hope this helped.

This did if for me

Advertisement