Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need your help

Options
  • 12-05-2004 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

OKay heres is the problem my music collection is drying up quick i am losing my grip on whats good and whats not now my taste is varied to the be chrome, soooo can people please please start suggesting stuff thats cool and interesting.

i listen to phantom so thats a good start for suggestions.
    please help

thanks chrome soul no.5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Recent or Classic?
    Whiping Boy- Hearworm- Great Irish band from the 90's my favourite album of all time.

Gang of Four- Entertainment!- Great post punk band thet lots of bands since have been influenced by or stolen from depending on which way you look at it.

Dead Kennedys- Fresh Fruit for rotting vegtables- great 80's hardcore punk band with the anger of the pistols and the politics of the clash.

McLusky- McLusky do dallas - Great second album form the whelsh punk band lots of pixies esque shouting and weird lyrics. New album out soon but havent heard it yet.

Brittish Sea Power- The decline of brittish sea power - probably my fav album of last year. great eccentric indie rock

Just a few sugestions that come to mind might add more later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Wir_Sind_Helden

If your taste is varied, I would suggest-

Bjork - Vespertine

Basment Jaxx - Kish Kash

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambaint Works

and for rock (Lets not forget the rock!)

The Grand Silent System - Gift or a Weapon

Wir Sind Helden - Guten Tag

All quite different, all quite tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

the intrumental bands around at the momant are pretty rockin... take Mogwai for example... it sounds like meaningless tunes at first listen, but i swear they just creep up on ya.. and suddenly you're hooked... not to mention their live show... another one is The Jimmy Cake, and God's Speed You Black Emperor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

Anything by the Magnetic Fields, October Project, Guided by Voices, Calexico, Snow Patrol, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Adorable, Velocity Girl & Low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

Originally posted by DerekD Goldfish

McLusky- McLusky do dallas - Great second album form the whelsh punk band lots of pixies esque shouting and weird lyrics. New album out soon but havent heard it yet.

Brittish Sea Power- The decline of brittish sea power - probably my fav album of last year. great eccentric indie rock

i also recommend these fine albums. Mclusky Do Dallas is a riot and the British Sea Power lp is indie heaven. don't judge Mclusky by their new stuff - sounds dodgy on first listen anyway. how can anyone resist a band with songs like "the world loves us and is our bitch" ?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

The reindeer section, auatamata, bush, i secong the snow patrol vote, Interpol, mefirst and the gimmiegimmies, distillers...others...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

not to mention, if you go along with the Snow Patrol vote, checkin out Iain Archer too... pretty good stuff... i saw ollie cole supporting him in the lobby in cork.. ollie had a loop pedal and Mr. archer was messin around with it... the music scene seems to be going loopy... thanx to the line 6 loop pedal, it's all the rage amongst the big headz im moozic, here we go loop the loop... i think i'm goin loopy too... hellllllpppp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

go with sigúr ros, and yeah mogwai and the jimmy cake rock..
    múm too..

in another vein try gettin some blo.tooth into your life (now they're juno falls but you can get all their blo.tooth stuuf free&gratis on their website.. which i can't remeber the url for but i'm sure someone will..)
    try some velvet underground if you don't already have some..

(and hey, if you really want to, give ben folds& the frames a try, i like them..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

I second the Ben Folds (Five) vote.

Also, give The Soundtrack of Our Lives, Ed Harcourt, Elliot Smith & Nick Drake a spin.

But I do really recommend The Magnetic Fields.

Advertisement