Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling

Options
  • 12-05-2004 8:55pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

i have a Dell 8300 i know i know i would like to cool it better fans etc can you suggest the best way to cool it as it gets very hot after a long gaming session i am unsure about connection types,size,power etc can you please inform me.
    Minium noise is important too

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

V A P O C H I L L:) no seriously just add more fans remove any pressed grills etc

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

My mate has an 8500
    That green cooling cowl thing is impressive. The PC is virtually silent.

There aint that many places to put fans in a Dell.
    There should be an 80mm fan plastic mounting thing at the front of the system.
    Lash a fan in there and see if that will do it.

If not you'll have to cut a hole in the side panel or get a PCI slot exhaust blower.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Don't think extra cooling on a Dell PC is necessary at all

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Dempsey
    Don't think extra cooling on a Dell PC is necessary at all

yeh dell wouldn't sell the pc to you if it's gonna melt on you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I've seen a fair few dells over heat and shut down till the temps lowerd. Dells have crap cooling on them. I say bucther the thing and see what you can do with it. Better heatsinks and the such, replace any fans you can with higher RPM fans. can you post a pic of the inside of the system so we can get a full idea of what can be done to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

What model dells were these sutty?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

yeah its a Dell Dimension 8300 heres a few pics, sorry for the size:rolleyes:
    click Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Your picture link seems to be broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

B-Man, your pics had an extra ".jpg" and your site is offline?

Most Dells I've worked with have very good cooling, never saw one with overheating probs.

Sorry guys sorted it here click Here should take you there

*** yeah the site its self is offline i use it for files & forums like this & am to busy to update it and put it online i mange a different site anyway so***

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Does the green cowl fit tight around the heatsink? If it's raised at all, it'll reduce cpu cooling a lot.

yeah it does fit tight around i just raised it for the pics

Advertisement