Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Rumours and Signings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

The bbc have confirmed the Garcia story saying that a fee has been agreed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/3582406.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

woodgate to madrid
    skysports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

vorbis wrote:

down with this sort of thing
    we're not interested in fakes :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Kuffour next to join los conquistedors rojos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Killy Gonzalez and Nicola Ventola to Palace from Inter Milan

http://skysports.planetfootball.com...e+eye+Inter+ace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Are they loan or permanent deals, I had heard that Ventola was a season long loan deal! Remember the last time Palace bought an italian star, didn't he want a butler as part of his deal or something?

• Advertisement

Lombardo was the "butler" signing...That was a load of codswallop made up by the papers...

Lombardo was a loyal signing who played out of his skin for palace. Even played a season when we got relegated and again played out of his skin.

I have a couple of sources at palace who have confirmed that we are in talks with Inter. I haven't been able to confirm which are loan and which are permament signings.

We are also talking about signing Marchelo Salas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

We are also talking about signing Marchelo Salas...
    Whats up with all the strikers? Palace came into the premiership with Johnson, Black, Freedman and Shipperly and they've bought 2 more AFAIK. Now they want another one?

eirebhoy wrote:
    Whats up with all the strikers? Palace came into the premiership with Johnson, Black, Freedman and Shipperly and they've bought 2 more AFAIK. Now they want another one?

Black is a Midfielder. Shipperly and Freedman much as I like both are not really good enough for the premierboat. You need 4 good strikers at this level. We have Johnson, Torgelle, Kaviedes and 1 other needed...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Talk around Liverpool tonight is they are intrested in shearer,I dont belive it but I have been told this by 2/3 people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

I've also seen other people on websites quoting that Bellamy also wants away.
    What is going on at Newcastle anyway? First they state that this is Robson's last season, then bring in Kluivert and he warms the bench. Now rumours of the ir first choice strikers want away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,530 ✭✭✭irishgeo

heard if rooney comes shearer goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Sounded more tonight on the Sky post-match interviews that if Rooney comes, Bellamy is off. He said and I quote: "I'm not sitting on the bench here". Shearer was far more diplomatic in his interview.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Latest rumours mentioned on Talksport this morning was saying that Bobby Robson could quit Newcastle this morning - can't say I blame him if he does. One theory then would be to get David Moyes as Manager...and bring a certain Mr Rooney with him!
    Newcastle certainly sounds a mess at the moment - heard all the stuff about Bellamy saying he won't sit on the bench if Rooney signs - serious attitude from lots of their staff there.

Nicola Ventola and Gonzalo Serondo have according to SkySports Italy both signed for Crystal Palace from Inter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Cannavaro is joining Juve. (L'equipe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Shamrok wrote:
    Cannavaro is joining Juve. (L'equipe)

which one , Paulo or Fabio ? , there both World Class anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Fabio Cannavaro is set to join Juve and there are rumours going around that Newcastle are having a look at Bobo Balde to replace Woodgate and that Rangers are in the hunt for Stuttgarts Hakan Yakin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I read in the sunday papers that Mourinho is keeping an eye on Boumsong(sp?) of Rangers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I read in the sunday papers that Mourinho is keeping an eye on Boumsong(sp?) of Rangers

Which paper ?(not that it matters too much , its bound to be unfounded anyway)

If its the Sun you deserve to be shot .

It was either the sunday people or independent, I honestly can't remember which one it was

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I heard about that too from Eurosportnews.
    West Brom sign Robert Earnshaw from Cardiff for a club record £3 million.Source: Sky Sports News.
    Monaco are set to Javiar Saviola from Barcalona on a seoson-long loan.
    Newly Promoted Fiorentina sign Martin Jorgensen from Udinese on a Co-Ownership deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

andyman wrote:
    Monaco are set to Javiar Saviola from Barcalona on a seoson-long loan.QUOTE]

According to Sky last nite during Barca game he is gone! just sorting out personal details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

andyman wrote:
    there are rumours going around that Newcastle are having a look at Bobo Balde to replace Woodgate
    Jesus_thats_gre will be suprised to see Bobo's attracting interest from a top 5 English team. :p They had a £5m bid rejected BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Spurs sign Calum Davenport from Coventry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/3612970.stm

That doesn't look good for Dean Richards I'd have thought.

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=15374&L=en

Palace sign Niclola Ventola and Gonzalo Serondo from Inter Milan on 1 year loan deals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

ah I notice the Rooney pic has disappeared from your signature. :)

Well the Euros are over.....

I'm still a Rooney fan, in fact I am currently typing this wearing my England "Roonaldo" shirt....

I'll still cheer on Rooney even though he has gone to Man Utd, in fact I think it is the best move for him and England.....Fergie will have him under house arrest and keep him away from "The Auld Slapper & Co"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Junichi Inamoto signs for West Brom for the sum of £200,000.

Talks have also broken down over Hakan Yakin moving to Rangers.

Djimi Traore to Everton for £1.5 million.

Calum Davenport of Coventry goes to Spurs for £3 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Dwight Yorke has signed for Birmingham!!!!

Oh I can't wait for the Midlands derby now!!

irish1 wrote:
    Dwight Yorke has signed for Birmingham!!!!

Oh I can't wait for the Midlands derby now!!

:confused:

Surely this means Morrison will be on his way out . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

Spurs sign Calum Davenport from Coventry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/3612970.stm

That doesn't look good for Dean Richards I'd have thought.

Rumours concerning a possible loan deal for new Tottenham signing Calum Davenport continue to sweep the web today.
    As KUMB revealed yesterday, speculation suggested that Davenport - who played his final game for the Sky Blues against West Ham on Monday night - would join the Hammers within the next few days, following confirmation of the £3m deal that took him to White Hart Lane.

Possibly part of the Carrick transfer is to get a defender in from them on loan??

Looks like Dean Richards could be safe until the end of the season at least!

Everton will sign Youri Djorkaeff to create the chances for fellow whippersnappers Kevin Campbell and Duncan Ferguson to punt into orbit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

Villa being linked with a January move for Scott Parker from Chelsea with the £6 million used to bid for Beattie during the summer.

Fergie is dangling Phil Neville from the end of a stick in order to tempt Steve McClaren into a swap for his Gérard Depardieu doppelganger, Mark Schwarzer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

wynters wrote:
    Villa being linked with a January move for Scott Parker from Chelsea with the £6 million used to bid for Beattie during the summer.

If parker is on offer I would like to see United try sign him but I doubt Chelski would do business with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

I think united would be better off holding onto Phil Neville than going out spending over the top for parker who is unproven imo.....he didnt preform at chelsea, i thoought he always looked fazed. he is being linked with everton today, wouldnt be suprised if he moved but the 6/8 mil they are talking about seems a bit far fetched for villa or everton, that much on one player is a bit silly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

any truth regarding fowler going back to liverpool in jan.I saw it on 2 footie websites.Its highly unlikely though as he aint the player of old but have to admit it would be great to c GOD back at enfield.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

galwaydude wrote:
    any truth regarding fowler going back to liverpool in jan.I saw it on 2 footie websites.Its highly unlikely though as he aint the player of old but have to admit it would be great to c GOD back at enfield.
    doubtful

however there may be a possible swap deal for diouf with campo on the cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Talk of a £4 Million bid for Giggs from Newcastle on the news this morning.

galwaydude wrote:

I'd love to see fowler in the red jersey again, thats my heart talking, shut up brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Why on earth would Liverpool buy Fowler??

Its not goina happen.

Unless Fowler is prepared to sit on his accumulated wealth of £28m and play for free, in which case he might be useful if Pool had another injury crisis. But no way would Liverpool spend money on him. He has more spare cash that Liverpool FC!

So its highly unlikely, though I think Leeds are still paying him in any case :p

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

More rumours coming from Villa fans in the know... O'Leary has a shortlist of players he's interested in to which Diego Tristan has been added. Tristan is unsettled at Deportivo and has not been a regular starter all season....

Harry Redknapp has said James Beattie will not be sold in January so O'Leary may have to look elsewhere for a striker.

O'Leary says he wants 5 players before next season. Other names that keep popping up are......

Parker
    Malbranque
    Andy Reid
    Barry Ferguson
    Christian Whilhelmsson
    Glen Johnson
    Jermaine Pennant

Should be an interesting January....

wynters wrote:
    More rumours coming from Villa fans in the know... O'Leary has a shortlist of players he's interested in to which Diego Tristan has been added. Tristan is unsettled at Deportivo and has not been a regular starter all season....

Harry Redknapp has said James Beattie will not be sold in January so O'Leary may have to look elsewhere for a striker.

O'Leary says he wants 5 players before next season. Other names that keep popping up are......

Parker
    Malbranque
    Andy Reid
    Barry Ferguson
    Christian Whilhelmsson
    Glen Johnson
    Jermaine Pennant

Should be an interesting January....
    Not to mention Carlton Cole coming from Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Villa getting Parker? Johnson? or Pennant?

So unlikely in my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement