Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop dvd-r

Options
  • 13-05-2004 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

looking to buy a laptop theres one in currys at £699 but the dvd-r is only 1 speed, is there any point in this as it will be very slow, is it better to wait and see about getting a x4 speed.

thanks paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It would take about 2 hours to burn a full DVD-R disc at 1x speed, and a drive that low-end would probably be fairly slow in burning regular CD's too. 4x DVD +/- R drives should be getting much cheaper now with 8x ones being available, so I'd say they'll start appearing in laptops more frequently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

I might have got a wee baby on www.tiny.com

will see how the funds look.

thanks again. paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

i think you're going a bit over the top with 2 hours - more like an hour - still well slow though.

I got a 4x +r drive off ebay but my laptop is too slow to do 4x - burning 2x is acceptable for light burning at about 35min for a full disc

Nige

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

sorry, you're right.
    (oops)

Advertisement