Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre-Citywest?

• 13-05-2004 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭

Might be offered a job at Citywest later this month, and have an offer of a wonderful room in a brand new apartment located in the city centre/D2 area (maybe 10 minutes walk to Eden Quay). How long does the 65B take to get from the city centre to Citywest? Do you have to get there early to be sure of getting a seat at the busiest times? Any typical traffic problems (worst at certain times, longer to get back in the evening, etc...)? I have never lived in Dublin, so only really know the city centre area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

The 65B is pretty brutal.
    It used to take about an hour to get there for me, a few years back.
    You could also get the 50, but i don't know if that still runs.
    Anyway, i have some good news for you and i'm sure someone else will be able to confirm this.
    There should be a special bus to take you out to citywest.
    It used to run from Aston Key.
    I would assume that it still runs.
    If no one else here can confirm it for you, then if you get the job ask them about it they're bound to know.
    It will probably be slightly more expensive than a normal bus, but it's well worth it as it only takes about 20-25 minutes to get out there and the one i used to get dropped me right outside my building.

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

A connection from the Red Cow tram depot would be ideal! Perhaps some bus company is planning it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Coming out of town in the morning can be fairly brutal, especially the routes that any buses towards Citywest take.

The other alternative is - (if one exists) investigate the possible feeder bus that runs from Clondalkin to Citywest - as you can get a train from Hueston Station to Clondalkin - journey takes literally 15 minutes - that way you can be in Clondalkin early enough. However I should point out that I am not sure if such a feeder bus exists.

Else you are stuck with the 50 and 65B - and in the morning that is tough going, if you have to be in for 9, I recommend trying out leaving at different times, a good estimate will have you on a bus at 8 in the morning, or maybe a little earlier. I know when the schools are out during the holidays, traffic is much lighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Also consider route 69 depending on where you are going in Citywest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Luas from city centre to the square and 50/65b/201/202 to Citywest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement