Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion about Bickering/Suggestions forum

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Originally posted by ecksor
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46874

And we all lived happily ever after :)

Jesus---Did you really have to dig that up again??Its embarassing looking back on that and seeing the total stupidity of that thread.

I demand that that be deleted once and for all and never grace these pages again.And I DEMAND it NOW.

**moan**moan**whinge**whinge**bicker*bicker.

Richie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    I think after "the excluded" :rolleyes: were (publicity and privately) warned - they had a chance to clear themselves, by posting properly.. but they continued act like eejits.

Would you care to publish links to such posts johnny or are you just expressing an opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

here is a few for you :rolleyes:

Everyone warned about posting - Jank posts totally off topic and gets banned for a week

this thread goes off topic .. and includes *a special edition* DeVore warning on page 5.

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    here is a few for you :rolleyes:

Everyone warned about posting - Jank posts totally off topic and gets banned for a week

this thread goes off topic .. and includes *a special edition* DeVore warning on page 5.

Thanks for the Links johnny.
    I think after "the excluded" were (publicity and privately) warned - they had a chance to clear themselves, by posting properly.. but they continued act like eejits.

Devs warning on page 5 of you second link was the only public warning I got on the board and so while your Links prove that one of the excluded users was warned/ banned and continued to cause trouble it does not mean all of us did.

Thanks for the claification. I.ll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I think after "the excluded" were (publicity and privately) warned - they had a chance to clear themselves, by posting properly.. but they continued act like eejits.

so i dont know what you (and others) are complaining about...

The truth is you really don't have a clue what went on behind the scenes JTF. How about contributing to this thread with something useful like a suggestion or a valid point.
    Jank, The Muppet and Tinky are all in grave danger of being banned from Boards entirely and forever.

I'm tired off all 2/3 of you. Quit it now, this is your last warning.

DeV.

What are you referring to here JTF ? Which sentence is important to your point there ?

ZENER <
    Formerly Tinky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Thanks for the Links johnny.

Devs warning on page 5 of you second link was the only public warning I got on the board and so while your Links prove that one of the excluded users was warned/ banned and continued to cause trouble it does not mean all of us did.

You were warned privately by the admins (Dev I think) too.

You admitted as much to me yourself.

What are you arguing exactly?

Originally posted by syke

I most definitely was not and I doubt I would have discuused it with you even if I were.

I,m not arguing anything just clarifing a point.

FFS go and TROLL elsewhere please you obviously hve nothing to contribute here !!!

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by The Muppet
    I most definitely was not and I doubt I would have discuused it with you even if I were.

I,m not arguing anything just clarifing a point.

Really, well if I have made an error I apologise.

But really, continued arguing, bickering and posts like Tinky's really don't do a whole lot to strengthen your position.

Really, well if I have made an error I apologise.

Thank you, apology accepted.

But really, continued arguing, bickering and posts like Tinky's really don't do a whole lot to strengthen your position. [/B]

As i said i am not arguing anything here, Johnny made a statement regarding the excluded users that I consider reflected my position incorrectly so I wanted to clarify it. That has been my only contribution to this thread or the closed one on access.
    I 'm not answering for anyone else here I,m sure thay can do that for themselves.

I.ll leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by ZENER
    FFS go and TROLL elsewhere please you obviously hve nothing to contribute here !!!

You mean go and troll elsewhere, just not on the thread about the f/s forum which you are talking about your deserved ban from soccer?

give it a rest.

Prove it or troll elsewhere Dustaz.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Dustaz
    You mean go and troll elsewhere, just not on the thread about the f/s forum
    Please note it is now the B/S forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Victor
    Please note it is now the B/S forum.
    lmao.

Plyd ecksor. Went completely over my head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yea i did get banned for that, however if you read closely you will see that a mod saved an other user from a certain ban by editing an earlier post and it was my stubborn slef that let me get banned. I was wrong then ok.

That was my only time getting banned form the soccer forum and i believe that there are many users that have been banned before and yet have the privilage to post in soccer so imo that is not a reason to be excluded.

People seem to forget that i turned over a new leaf 3 months ago and havent been in ANY trouble at all in any board. since then This was all before the closing of soccer forum, yet i was still banned because of a bit of history. It wasnt even my actions that led to the closing of the soccer forum.

People may recall that i had "issues" with the muppet and tinky/zener. That has been all forgotten about and i have the pm's to prove it so i wouldn't go bet on it that were to go at it from the word go again!

Since im at it i might aswell post the question I have regarding this issue and put it to bed for once and for all ( I dont enjoy this as much as ye think)

Since the euro 2004 champs are coming up it would be a good oppertunity to give us a chance to prove for once and for all that we are not out to flame and troll on the soccer forum. There will be no club rivalries involved and all the chat will be on the great football that is going to be played.

If we fcuk up then ban us for life and I will have no problem with that and wont make an issue out of it again!
    That is a promise!

I think this is very fair as pigmanII is already allowed back into the soccer forum. Fair play to him. It hasnt gone to **** has it because of him!?
    It wont go to **** with a few more members ill promise you that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by seamus
    lmao.

Plyd ecksor. Went completely over my head.

took your time didnt you :)
    Prove it or troll elsewhere Dustaz.

Your arguing about something that has absolutly no bearing on this thread. What your arguing about has been done to death on this forum. Your calling everyone who says boo to you a 'troll' (you might want to look that up by the way. You might be old irl, but you are young in the ways of the internet).

Enough proof?

Enough proof?

Not really ! I was on topic on this thread until JTF brought up something about warnings from the mods and admins. How could he possibly know what went on. The title of this thread was about creating a forum devoid of admin/mods where users could post without fear of being attacked by mods.
    Am I the only that's noticed that this forum is typically dominated by responses from mods? I know that their opinion holds a lot of value in these parts but can regular users not have a place to voice opinions without getting lambasted/flame baited/ big little whatever? In my time I've found that a lot of regular users that post in this forum are inexperienced in the boards way and while their suggestions may not be the may west I don't see how it helps when they get shot down like a flaming turkey here. More often than not things get out of hand and a new user quickly earns the tag muppet and gets banned. Sure there'd be a lot less posts but hey who cares, a lot of people seem to have missed the point of this forum and would prefer to use it as their personal playground.

In my first post on the third page I compared what was happening on the forum to the soccer forum and was straight away attacked, unjustly IMO, for it !

seamus asked what attempt at recourse I'd made and I replied.

Then you arrived with your LCD comments and then referred to "the banned" stoking it up. I had pretty much avoided the subject until then. JTF then made some accusations, which were addressed, about the soccer forum which he failed to properly back up. Syke too thought as usual he knew better than everyone else and had his usual pop. You had no intention other than to drag the thread to hell and heap further unwarranted distrust on the "lowest common denominators".

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

seamus asked what attempt at recourse I'd made and I replied.
    Well, you replied, but with no information.
    Long story but it contributed to getting me banned from the soccer forum - hence the sig btw !
    I don't read the soccer forum, and the avatars in your sig could be any permutation of a few hundred members.

I asked what attempt you'd made at recourse because you claim you were unfairly treated, yet you supplied me with no reason to believe you. I didn't pursue it because I couldn't really care less.

Sorry seamus but I really didn't want to drag this thread in that direction, not that it makes any difference now because I've been accused of doing just that anyway.

If you're really interested then PM me and I'll give you my side.

ZEN

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Ok,

You four in that lovely signature are all permanently banned from Soccer. You read right, that's permanent. One of ye concluded that if pigman II can get back in that any of ye can get back in. Well, NOT ANY MORE. How exactly you think that ignoring a warning that you're getting on an admin's nerves is going to help you get back in is beyond me but it's probably the same reason that ye get on everyone else's tits (cue "can you back that up ecksor, otherwise go troll somewhere else, this is outrageous, I can't believe that he thinks he can get away with such disgraceful behaviour when it's obviously JUST NOT FAIR. Besides, he said she said I said and then gandalf said and DeVore said and I lost my temper and got banned and then he said that I said and you said what he said about him and I said well said and after all that how can you possibly not conclude that I'm not annoying or possibly just unban me so I'll stop annoying you please god unban me oh my life won't go on ..."). Despite pigman's dubious past he has managed to never annoy me once. Not even once. Well done pigman. Of course, that may not be true, perhaps I wanted to kill his firstborn at one point but now I can't remember ...

• Advertisement

lovely signature

Thanks ! Glad ya like it Ecks :D

I was afraid for a while there no one had notice it !!

ZEN

Originally posted by ecksor
    Ok,

You four in that lovely signature are all permanently banned from Soccer. You read right, that's permanent. One of ye concluded that if pigman II can get back in that any of ye can get back in. Well, NOT ANY MORE. How exactly you think that ignoring a warning that you're getting on an admin's nerves is going to help you get back in is beyond me but it's probably the same reason that ye get on everyone else's tits (cue "can you back that up ecksor, otherwise go troll somewhere else, this is outrageous, I can't believe that he thinks he can get away with such disgraceful behaviour when it's obviously JUST NOT FAIR. Besides, he said she said I said and then gandalf said and DeVore said and I lost my temper and got banned and then he said that I said and you said what he said about him and I said well said and after all that how can you possibly not conclude that I'm not annoying or possibly just unban me so I'll stop annoying you please god unban me oh my life won't go on ..."). Despite pigman's dubious past he has managed to never annoy me once. Not even once. Well done pigman. Of course, that may not be true, perhaps I wanted to kill his firstborn at one point but now I can't remember ...

:rolleyes:
    Bet that made your day.

Bit extreme for asking a question in a "civil manner" (im taking about my own actions here)

Also the muppet and drauper didnt really have an input in this thread at all, Bit unfair on them ...oh sorry did i use that word "unfair"?!

ive survived this long without that board and ill survive without it
    Cant blame a guy for trying and having a bit of balls to stand up to air a view he had

Case closed as far as im concerned!

:ninja:

Having balls is one thing, but you seem to keep scoring own goals with them.

You four in that lovely signature are all permanently banned from Soccer.

Since the muppet promptly removed it from his signature, I'll record the names for reference. The Muppet, ZENER, Draupnir, jank.

hmmm.. maybe
    but what ye wanted me to do and lie down waiting indefinatly to be given the "go"
    (1 month? 6 months? 1 year? more!)

Waited a month, asked, got banned permanently.
    I tried to be as civil as possible but nobody wanted to listen.

What can i do?:confused:

edit: never had that sig by the way i prefer my kiaora one:p

Originally posted by jank
    nobody wanted to listen.

Thread closed.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry I'm late but I want to correct something. I did have a several-pm discussion with both Jank, Tinky and T.M. about their collective behaviours on all boards, particularly the Soccer one. We also discussed the allegations that two are the same person. I dont know if you could call it a "warning" as it wasnt in the form "oi you, do that again and you are out" sort of way. I'm more tactful then that... but I doubt it left anyone of the opinion that their behavior was acceptible or being accepted.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement