Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JBL what a grasshole

• 13-05-2004 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭

This is from his new column on wwe.com

http://www.wwe.com/news/commentary/bradshaw/1262915?page=1

I am looking forward to Judgment Day at the STAPLES Center. I believe the pay-per-view will be an excellent show. I look forward to a very exciting match. I have worked my entire career for this match on Sunday. Believe me, I will do whatever I have to do to have a great match.

I am in the best wrestling shape I have been in in years. If we go a half an hour, I will be ready. For those of you fat, out-of-shape Internet wannabes who have never done anything more athletic than play checkers, kiss my ass for doubting me, and realize why you hate me. I was the guy in school who made you do my homework and locked you in your locker.

JBL will deliver Sunday and you can “report” whatever you want, but you will also realize how little influence you have, except to your little nerd friends. How long has it been since you guys that spend all your time reporting on us have been with a woman other than your mother? After all, when I see you in airports hanging out, you are always with guys. You guys don’t have a questionable sexual orientation, do you? Of course, it is 2004, I don’t judge.

I know that Chris Jericho got pissed last year but did not go this far. Does he not realise that he is crap and that is why he gets trashed. Ah well what can you do, I just hope that he is back where he belongs before long

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

You cant honestly believe that he meant that isnt it part of his new "persona"

goe furious d!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

lol, "can't see the forest for all the trees" springs to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Who cares what he says? I don't.

Its a two-way process; he ignores the likes of me, and I ignore him!

Really, let him be happy with one of the smallest ever pay-per-view bonuses due to him being a large part of the reason why Judgement Day is not going to be oredered by virtually anyone. After that, let him just say what he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

You cant honestly believe that he meant that isnt it part of his new "persona"

I would say that it is a bit of both to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Its on sky sports here so i might just watch it for the sake of watching it to see if indeed it is gonna be as bad as ppl expect.

who knows we may be pleasantly surprised.

So does anyone have the final card for JD?

• Advertisement

Well

JBL vs Eddie Guerrero
    Booker T vs Undertaker
    Rene Dupree vs John Cena

are the only official matches as far as I am aware, that leaves 4-5 matches to fill in.

There will probably be a match with RVD and the Dudleys, and a tag team championship match(Rico could be the most entertaining thing at Judgement Day)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

im write on thinking that tonights that tuesdays smackdown tapings was the last SD before this PPV.

From reading the spoilers where
    gonna get 4-5 more matches from???they gonna just invent them on the night of the PPV????? thats bloody ridiculous

Pretty much, the RVD Dudleys thing has been going a few weeks and makes sense(almost). Oh they will probably have a cruisreweight match,
    I forgot that is actually a match Chavo(with one hand behind his back) vs Jacqueline

A tag match will be thrown together Bashams vs Rico and Charles or something like that.

Does anyone know if the Big Show is injured or had surgery, because he could make a "suprise" return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

he has to get his knees scraped he could hardly walk, ppv sounds silly but they could pull it off with these suprise matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've never liked his columns, he comes across as a typical blindly-patriotic American. I e-mailed him not so long ago, asking him about certain things, because it seemed to me that he was condoning the killing of Iraqi's, yet going mental as soon as an American was killed. I made the point that the Iraqi's are doing what they think is best, just as he said that the American's are doing what they think is best. I'm not going to get into a debate on this, I don't agree with either side, but I e-mailed Bradshaw because I felt he was being way too biased. And of course, he didn't respond to me in that e-mail, only to the ones he had an answer for.

I don't like the guy anymore.

• Advertisement

I would say that he is very right wing in his out look, he just appears to be a jackass

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

jackass is putting it mildly, if the unthinkable happens on sunday that jbl wins the title then god help wwe.

god help them already!!!!

The storyline is so crap and JBL,why can't he just get fired!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

JBL has too much back stage pull he can do anything. Thats the god dam problem. Still Judgemnet day is a PPV all the same, and as bad as it will be Im still watching it. Just to make sure JBL doesnt walk away with EDDIE'S title.

Hanza

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

This PPV looks very poor. I'm praying in hope that something mad happens like a return of a big superstar or a new superstar or someone from RAW comes in and cleans house or Heyman decides to get revenge on the WWE for taking "his" show away from him or something by putting together a new NWO or something like that!

Ahh I can but dream... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

my worst case scenario is JBL wins the title, and McMahon blames Eddie for not getting a decent match out of him leading to poor buy-rates

Same happened when Edge couldnt drag a match out of Albert, and he was carpeted, because Benoit managed to drag Albert to a halfway decent match - then again we cant all be Benoit :)

Defination of a good worker:
    Some one that protects themself and their opponent, sells for themself of their opponent and makes him and his opponent look good, no matter how untalented, or how many slip ups.

A-voila:
    Benoit!

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

JBL rocks!

don't blame him for what he said in commentary ... since the storyline started people on the internet have spent a lot of time and energy slagging him off and moaning about him ...

this storyline has got to be a huge amount better than the big show v bossman story line a few years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Originally posted by Cactus Col
    JBL rocks!

don't blame him for what he said in commentary ... since the storyline started people on the internet have spent a lot of time and energy slagging him off and moaning about him ...

this storyline has got to be a huge amount better than the big show v bossman story line a few years ago

er no both storylines are just as bad as each other - using lowest possible taste to try and generate heat and interest in a match that is doomed to fail - no matter how good a worker Eddie is.

Bradshaw has always been a mediocre worker at the best of times, he rarely sells, even when he was Justin Hawk Bradshaw, then along came the APA and god help anyone who wasnt pro-WWE(f) - example is the Public Enemy - their last match in WWE was against the APA, and the APA stiffed the crap out of them. Bradshaw and a few others (cough....Holly....cough) have taken it upon themselves to be the voice of WWE, that is why they have gotten away with stiffing people so badly in the past.

This PPV has fail all over it - the only saving grace could be the RVD/Mysterio vs Dudleyz match - thats it. No matter what Eddie does his match against JBL is going to be painful to watch, and I am expecting a nasty result to the match aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Off topic I know, but Hanza, in my opinion, Benoit does not meet all of those characteristics of being a good worker.

Benoit's style is very stiff. I know that makes it better to watch, but those German suplexes will eventually wear down any neck.
    I read somewhere that Angle said that if he were to cite one move as being responsible for his neck surgery being neccessary last year, he said it was a Sleeper applied by Chris.
    He is still my favourite wrestler to watch, but no one is going to walk away from a match with him without being at least a little worse for wear.

• Advertisement

looks like bradshaw is everyone's new bitch ... for a while all anybody could do was put down the undertaker ... .he was too old ..... too slow ... too whatever .... but he still managed to pull out some pretty entertaining matches out of the bag

given the chance I'm sure Bradshaw is fully capable of doing the same

although I have the feeling that there is a great number of people who won't give him the chance and have completly written him off

Originally posted by Wacker
    Off topic I know, but Hanza, in my opinion, Benoit does not meet all of those characteristics of being a good worker.

Benoit's style is very stiff. I know that makes it better to watch, but those German suplexes will eventually wear down any neck.
    I read somewhere that Angle said that if he were to cite one move as being responsible for his neck surgery being neccessary last year, he said it was a Sleeper applied by Chris.
    He is still my favourite wrestler to watch, but no one is going to walk away from a match with him without being at least a little worse for wear.

I totally know where you are coming from, but once you start training you start noticing so much about wrestling that before would have never even crossed your mind. Do you know how difficult it is to stand up correctly from a seated face lock. They do it all the time and everyone just ingonres it.

Everyone I wrestle with agrees that Ric Flair, Benoit, among a few incl the likes of Bret Hart, are the best workers in the buisness. Hands down.

I understand what your getting at but one thing Benoit is not is stiff.

Hanza

Looks like I was right and that the main event wasn't nearly as bad as people expected.

:cool: (there's no smiley for smug there)

Advertisement