Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game? do they give cash or credit when selling second hand games?

Options
  • 13-05-2004 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Game or Gamestop? do they give cash or credit when selling second hand games?

In galway so im fairly limited....and what could i expect to get for the following? They are all XBOX

Amped 2
    Grand Theft Auto
    Capcom VS SNK
    Medal Of Honour
    Fifa Football 2004
    Carsh Nitro Racing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

True. For a €30 game, GAME gives €8-€10 but Xtra-Game gives €15-ish. If its MoH: RS, you'll get very little. In Tallaght, we've been told to give €1 for it until some of our back stocks clear. You should get about €10 for Capcom vs SNK and €24-ish for the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Originally posted by rainbow kirby
    True. For a €30 game, GAME gives €8-€10 but Xtra-Game gives €15-ish. If its MoH: RS, you'll get very little. In Tallaght, we've been told to give €1 for it until some of our back stocks clear. You should get about €10 for Capcom vs SNK and €24-ish for the others.

To Rainbow Kirby

Is MOH:RS then being sold for €50 s/h after paying €1 for it??

• Advertisement

Originally posted by tallpaul
    To Rainbow Kirby

Is MOH:RS then being sold for €50 s/h after paying €1 for it??

€39.97. It's robbery, but theres nothing I can do about it.:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its to stop people trading in crap games that they have loads of in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Only €1? Jaysus, that is robbery. They should just stop accepting the title rather than lowering themselves that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I brought over 21 Dvds and got a massive 29 for the lot of them ,luckily picked up Prince of persia for cube for 28 so worked out well.

But you get better deal trading them on boards at least you get 2 full titles for them.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

u nutcase! did u really trade in 21 dvd's for only 29 yoyo's?
    what were they>!

Mostly gifts and all crap.

And mrs Kirby will you if the dvd doesnt scan on their till you only get a euro for it,.

kdjac

yeah, i used to work for game, u just made me remember that great scam (we had many!!)
    it was gas..even though we know how much the game would retail for and what it was worth, they would tell us only to give a yoyo for it!

..even better was:
    if u traded in a load of game at same time and one of those €1 games was included, we were told not to give the individual prices but only tell the cutomer the total price so u wouldnt know if u were getting ripped of for a certain game!
    so in future if any1 is trading in more than one or 2 games/dvd's demand individual prices for what they offer!!

We're always told to give the total price, not the individual unless the customer asks. and most game staff want to get the cheap DVDs, so they try to give an absolute max of €5, because the way our discount works on preowned is that it costs us double the trade-in less 25%. I got the life of brian just after xmas last year for €3 that way...
    if the dvd doesnt scan on their till you only get a euro for it,.
    True-ish. €2 with a reward card.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Game's trade-in price seem to be getting worse. I was offered €40 for Hitman Contracts, Maximo, Summoner 2, Gun Valkyrie and Deus Ex yesterday. Ended up getting a much more reasonable €68 in Gamestop, where the games I wanted (Suffering and Ninja Gaiden) were cheaper.

Originally posted by rainbow kirby
    We're always told to give the total price, not the individual unless the customer asks. and most game staff want to get the cheap DVDs, so they try to give an absolute max of €5, because the way our discount works on preowned is that it costs us double the trade-in less 25%. I got the life of brian just after xmas last year for €3 that way...

Abuse of power :D

Where do you work ?

kdjac

the clever thing about it is.. game make 100% markup on all preowned games, compared to (i try to remember..) about 20-30% (i think?) on new games.
    so thats why they offer so little, as they have to at least double that price as to sell it at a cheaper than new price

they are laughing all the way home...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, it's a complete rip-off. Thankfully they seem to finally have some real competition in Xtra-Games. Not only do they offer considerably more for your trade-in's, the mark-up is at a fair level that ensures no second hand game costs more than €35. Second hand games should command second hand price, not the €50 that Game charge - with free permanent marker scralwed all over the disc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement