Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best board to buy for the Athlon 64 fx53 for Overclocking?

Options
  • 13-05-2004 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

What is the best board to buy for the Athlon 64 fx53 for Overclocking with the vapochill system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

The Asus SK8V will allow you to change multiplier, but with a vapo, you should really wait for the NForce 3 250 boards which will have AGP/PCI locks so you can get all that extra bandwith.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yes wait for the Nforce 250 board out in a month or so. There starting to appear but nothing outstanding in terms of overclockability. Will be some beast the FX 53 overclocked you should reach about 2.8 ghz with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

if you have to buy now there is some nforce3 150 and possible the via chipsets for the socket 754 platform that have working pci slots. check out the reviews on www.anandtech.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Ermm isnt the FX 64 socket 940 and not 754?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

/me whistles inanely and blames it on the fact that i am up since 4.30 due to exams :)

i'm slipping in my old age

• Advertisement
Advertisement