Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Eircom line test failed!!!

• 13-05-2004 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Big doo doo. Eircom just called to say my phone line is not good enough for BB.

I've just moved house, have been a IOLBB customer for 3 months and they're going to hold me to a 12-month contract.

That I can probably wiggle out of, but what're my options now? Wireless? IrishWAN?

Very open to suggestions at the mo!

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What part of the country are you in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

I'm in Naas, out the Newbridge Road.

House is about 12 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

try unplugging all the phones,fax's etc. in your house for at most a month, should allow the line to pass. Get eircom to run a test and say that the last time u had the test run you had a lot of stuff on your line. I did this and it worked for me and my line had being failing for about a year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

They test all lines on the exchanges once a month i believe. Doesnt matter if they failed or passed before so i dont think you need to ring em to request a test. They will say they have no control over it anyway as its done by the techies once a month and wont be done earlier just for you or something.

Not sure what wireless options you have tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

check these threads out. I'd imagine it wont be too long before naas has coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Eh Naas has coverage. Twas the first town in kildare to be enabled?

Advertisement