Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking a Motorola V525?

Options
  • 13-05-2004 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Are there any ways to unlock a Motorola V525 like the Nokias? If so, how much does it cost, or better still, can it be done for free?

Any help would be great!

Cheers,

DC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

How long have you been with your network? If u've been with them for a certain amount of time (12 months I think...not sure) and spent a certain amount of credit, they'll unlock it for free. They did my Sagem MYV65 for me. Ring up Customer Care and see if ur eligible (Vodafone- 1850 208 787)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Hi,
    Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm not a Vodafone customer. I'm looking to buy a V525 and unlock it to use on O2.

Cheers,

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

would getting the V600 on O2 (when they release it) be an option?

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

i read somewhere on here that the best one to get was the V525 as to the V300 or V600 cause u can flash the V525 with V600 software and have a V525 as a V600.....but as things go its a risk...cables are needed obviously and the V600 fexi flash.....dont think there is much diff from them all except the video on the V600 i think,not 100% bout that......but if you look back to old posts they give you links to where people have flashed there V525 to a V600 without any bugs.......

but as too unlocking i have aV525 locked to vodafone and i got cables today and got this software where it unlocks V525...well hopefully,havent had time to try it yet will do tomz and let you all know ok.....

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

@ DubWireless - It all depends on how soon O2 will release the V600 and how much it would be. Currently, the V525 is available on Vodaphone ready to go for €259. If I could get it unlocked - it would be grand

@ mad m - Cheers, let us know how you get on!

DC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement