Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pug 106

Options
  • 13-05-2004 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

I am thinking of buying a car, now the car in question has had loads of work done to it. Its a Peugeot 106 XSi 1.4, (1993) its been lowered by .........

60 mm front and back

15" Kahn RSR alloys

Full exhaust system

Flushed Boot and doors

Alarm

Full elec (mirrors, windows)

DTM mirrors

GTi interior and a few tasty engine mods id say. (wont know till later whats done with the engine)

Now i know these cars are really fast as standard just a little slower on top end than the 106 gti model. The car is 8 valve (i think) (Gti 16 valve) Now the owner is claiming the car is 120 bhp + ..Which is grand ! Insurance is cheap ..ish cause its not its big sister the 1.6 gti.

Now for the big one.... How much would ye think would be a reasonable price to pay...?

Nearly forgot there is only 63,000 up on her which is fluppin good for a 93. Doubt its been tampered with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

While I'm sure the car looks great, I'd be worried that the previous owner has torn the arse out of it - so to speak. Especially if the mods go as far as engine mods.

As for the milage, I really do smell a rat there, less than 6K a year?

What's the bets he did all the servicing himself, so there's no independant verification of the milage every year.

Walk away is my advice - trust has no place in the car market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

well, it's about half the average milage per year, maybe it's not his 'drive to the shops' car and keeps it for fun. check the service book obviously.

I was driving the GTI a couple of weeks ago and man is that a great car. Even just the handling on it's own was superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

yeah the gti is a cracker to drive...cant afford insurance on it though. Yeah, the mileage raised my eyebrows 2... Well, im gonna take a look at it this evening and bring her for a test drive anyway. Also ask him every question i can while not being a prick. . . and look for all paperwork ... service history ... so on ...i'll let ye know how i get on 2 morrow.

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Insurance is cheap ..ish cause its not its big sister the 1.6 gti.
    It won't be cheap if you tell the insurer about the engine mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

Originally posted by Merrion
    It won't be cheap if you tell the insurer about the engine mods.

I was gonna be smart but deleted the reply .. well thats fairly obvious. Along with if i have a crash involving another vehicle... my insurance may not cover me if i have undeclared mods to engine. The thing is i have to know about said engine mods... i didnt make any modifications to the car i bought it as a 1.4 xsi ...im not a mechanic...the garage never said when being serviced....really? Whats are they..? Plead ignorance.... from what ive heard on the grapevine.

Anyway, im only lookin at it. So nothing to worry about ...yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement