Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Hosting

Options
  • 13-05-2004 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Doesnt look like it wil be unlocked. Any reason to keep it there ? Not just merge the posts into webmaster and delete the forum?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Maye it should be re opened under a new FIST OF FURY! policy where if one of the hosting companys chimp workers steps out of line we get to drown them in lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The hosting companies were given lots of warnings iirc, do you think they could be trusted again?
    No :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

My life is a lot less stressful without it. They were given a chance... fuck 'em now.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Originally posted by eth0_
    The hosting companies were given lots of warnings iirc, do you think they could be trusted again?
    No :)

I was mostly behind the idea for the drowning them part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Lets be honest they are in business. They are competeing against each other. Its bound to happen on some level. It will happen again if its re-opened. No need for it. Delete it from the list and fix the nav bar... that extra half second to scroll over is getting annoying ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by damnyanks
    Lets be honest they are in business. They are competeing against each other. Its bound to happen on some level. It will happen again if its re-opened. No need for it. Delete it from the list and fix the nav bar... that extra half second to scroll over is getting annoying ;)

Not entirely the same but Komplett and Elara co-exist quite happily within boards. If the web hosting companies wish to push their business further using boards then why not get a commerical forum and keep within that their tactics etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

I think the whole point is that if they are given any type of forum, they will not be able to control their incredibly childish bickering urges, and it's not worth the time and hassle. Commercial forum won't stop that. Delete it tbh.

If they want to further their business using boards, let them pay to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Remember the astronomy forum was the same at one time and it too was closed down. Perhaps with some iron fist modding for a while it will settle down. On the A&S forum we had to set rigid boundaries as to what was allowed eventually the problem posters either got fed up being moderated and drifted off or just settled down. After a while we were able to relax the rules a bit and it all works well now if a bit quiet.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Make someone who hates every single one of them a mod of the forum.

Then sit back and have a bag of popcorn.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by fitz
    I think the whole point is that if they are given any type of forum, they will not be able to control their incredibly childish bickering urges, and it's not worth the time and hassle. Commercial forum won't stop that. Delete it tbh.

If they want to further their business using boards, let them pay to do so.

omg. I completely agree with Fitz.

I know. I'm scared too

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement