Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Sponsors

• 13-05-2004 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Would anyone care to sponsor me for the soccer forum?I'm only new to this site and didnt know that i had to get approved for access to the soccer forum.I only use the music/bargain boards at the moment and would really like to access the soccer forum because it was one of the main reasons i joined the site.So would anyone care to sponsor little old me??
    Post edited by Shield on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

of course - no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭d4

Cool Thanxs

Is there anybody else who would be so kind and sponsor me?Please

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'll risk getting myself banned from soccer and sponsor someone I don't know... actually, no, i won't.

sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Seen an access request thread while searching the main menu.

Seen the last post was kaids.

Clicked on said thread to see which way he said NO. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Same myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by d4
    Would anyone care to sponsor me for the soccer forum?I'm only new to this site and didnt know that i had to get approved for access to the soccer forum.I only use the music/bargain boards at the moment and would really like to access the soccer forum because it was one of the main reasons i joined the site.So would anyone care to sponsor little old me??

sorry, no.

Ok i understand all yer points for not sponsoring me.But you should'nt always believe what is posted on these boards(Linking me with ""Lad 12" or who ever else)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by d4
    Ok i understand all yer points for not sponsoring me.But you should'nt always believe what is posted on these boards(Linking me with ""Lad 12" or who ever else)
    You are Lad12 mate. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    You are Lad12 mate. Cop on.

where is your proof for these accusations?

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    where is your proof for these accusations?
    I obviously can't be 100% sure but:
    Originally posted by eirebhoy

First of all, he said the main reason he registered with boards was because of the soccer forum but he registered at the time the soccer forum was closed and their wasn't a hint that it would be open again (except in feedback/suggestions). Lad12 has stopped posting on boards and his last post was in some thread about a concert, d4 continued posting in the exact same thread. They are only the little hints. The main reason is that if you look at both their posts they post in the exact same unusual style (few spaces, lots of fullstops) and tend to use bold and Caps quite often (although he probably calmed down with the caps and bold because I told lad12 to do just that).

This is the thread with both d4 and lad12 posting:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...673#post1566673

Very similar posts and they both agree with each other. I obviously can't be sure its the same person but I'd be pretty confident.

I probably seem like a bloody lunatic trying to catch people with alias's but I just really hate lad12.

Cheers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Data, with all due respect:

Where is your proof he isn't?

Seeing as I've never once seen you post on soccer and haven't seen you associate with teh thread starter in anyw ay, why do you care, it just looks a bit like having a go at eirebhoy for the sake of it.

I'd go with No, not because I think you are anyone else, but cos I dunno you from adam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

female intuition eh? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by syke
    Seeing as I've never once seen you post on soccer and haven't seen you associate with teh thread starter in anyw ay, why do you care, it just looks a bit like having a go at eirebhoy for the sake of it.

That's a bit hypocritical, isn't it? You're the biggest troll on this board tbh.

at least I was making an on topic point and not name calling and poo slinging.

Anyone wanna sponsor me to get into the soccer forum while your around lads? If Pigman can be reintegrated successfully, Id like to think I can. I mean, Im sorry I ever got myself banned in the first place.

So would anyone be willing to put up and access request and sponsor me? I wont be an asshole again I promise.

EDIT: good job on going back to the old avatar Syke, makes you a lot more noticeable and I dont have to read your name to know who you are, good work.

Originally posted by syke
    Data, with all due respect:

Where is your proof he isn't?

I'd go with No, not because I think you are anyone else, but cos I dunno you from adam.

i've no proof at all, i was going on the whole innocent til proven guilty thingy, its a bit idealistic i know but still, i presume some type of ip check has been performed perhaps it was none conclusive.

nor do i post on the soccer forum i don't even have access myself as i'm not a soccer fan

nor am i haveing a go at eirebhoy, if D4's access is not being obtained due to what i precieve eirebhoy's accusation imo its not very fair, nor have i seen any proof (sorry eirebhoy i'm getting a 404 error on that link)

So D4 you have your second sponsor tis me, if it turns out you are lad12 so be it, as a result of that if you get myself banned from the soccer forum so be it. however i have placed my faith and i would appreciate not to find it misplaced.

so yeah i'm taking the moral high horse on this one i await my imminent burning

Regards

Data

nor do i post on the soccer forum i don't even have access myself as i'm not a soccer fan

<snip>

So D4 you have your second sponsor tis me, if it turns out you are lad12 so be it, as a result of that if you get myself banned from the soccer forum so be it. however i have placed my faith and i would appreciate not to find it misplaced.

Ok then, I think you've missed how the system works!

Draupnir, you could just put me on ignore, then you don't have to avoid my avatar ;)

yeah quiet possibley

do i have to have access myself before i can sponsor someone?

edit apparently i do

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Here's a conundrum...

Dataisgod needs sponsors to get in, right?

He gets in, then sponsors D4 who subsequently gets banned. So Data has to be banned, yes?

If so, do the original two sponsors of Dataisgod get banned as well?

i was wondering that also is there a knock on effect?

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Here's a conundrum...

Dataisgod needs sponsors to get in, right?

He gets in, then sponsors D4 who subsequently gets banned. So Data has to be banned, yes?

If so, do the original two sponsors of Dataisgod get banned as well?
    Well, if you carry that through, and assume that everyone who is on the board required two existing board members to sponsor them, then if the effect is knock-on, pretty much everyone who has ever sponsored someone else will be banned if one person does. Except in the freak chance occurance that the same people are sponsoring everyone, or that everyone has only ever sponsored one person.

So, the answer is no. :)

it would be funny trying to trace them all back though, well maybe not for the person doing it but the thought amuses me :)

Yeah but couldn't we just have the same interest in music/gigs.Also lad12 has posted for access request before on the soccer forum.Here EireBhoy

Maybe he just got the message from gandalf.

also im still waiting for EireBhoy to apoligise to me for getting my access request thread closed, because he was the main one talking away to himself(and as a result i had to open a new thread which then lead to me getting banned from the access requests.Thanxs):mad:

i'd just like to thank shriekingSheet and Dataisgod for sponsoring me, but i doubt ill ever get in to the soccer forum with me been linked to lad12.Thanks anyways guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I'll sponsor d4 as well, purely for the amount of **** being kicked at him for no reason.

Even if he is lad12, boards usually has an unwritten policy of new nick = new start, until you start acting like a muppet.

sorry eirebhoy i'm getting a 404 error on that link
    oops
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1566673#post1566673

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Actually no one got your access request closed except yourself. You were told what you had to do to get access and you didn't do it. You kept requesting access without sponsors. I am extremely dubvious of who you are because your first ever post on boards was to request access to the soccer forum.

I will check with talla and see when he decides to let you back into the Soccer Access forum and we can take the application from there. I would suggest that you desist in the constant requests here for access or I will instruct all the mods on the Soccer forum to ignore you.

As for policy of new nick = new start, that is not true afaik there is no policy by the admins althou I may be corrected on that. The policy I use for forums I mod is simple, if I discover someone who has been banned has set up a new account to post I will ban that to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by gandalf

As for policy of new nick = new start, that is not true afaik there is no policy by the admins althou I may be corrected on that. The policy I use for forums I mod is simple, if I discover someone who has been banned has set up a new account to post I will ban that to.
    I said unwritten.

Hey syke, I like the avatar, actually robbed it to use myself on a different forum.

Bit said about the lack of people willin to sponsor me, come one lads, be nice, please?