Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puzzled - Line problem

• 13-05-2004 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Here's a puzzling one and hopefully someone can suggest what the problem is

Today, working away in the office, I noticed that lost interenet connectivity for a couple of minutes - the DSL light went off on the modem. Comes back on about 2 minutes later and internet connection is fine.

Then discover, when I pick up the phone to make a call, the line is completely dead - i.e. just like picking up the receiver of a phone when it's disconnected totally from the telephone line.

Rang eircom on the mobile. they test the line - the say it's all ok (which I guess it should be given I've still got DSL connectivity) and they suggest the handset is faulty so they have put a new one on order for delivery on Monday. I check the handset on another telephone line and it works fine, so it's not the handset that has a problem.

I've not been able to try another handset on the line giving problems as I don't have a spare but my question is

How come the phone won't work ? The handset is good, the line is good (dsl works) so it's a bit strange.

Thoughts anyone :confused:

Advertisement