Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally!

• 13-05-2004 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭

hurrah for Broadband!! I finally managed to get it installed, having ordered it about a month ago...

because i had ISDN I needed a techie to install it...but the bugger in my area went on holiday so we were waiting...bending the ear of a poor girl in EsatBT most days. finally, today we got a BILL charging us for the broadband we had yet to recieve (the phone was switched over to Esat too, so the bill had some call charges on it.)

so we rang her up again and bent her ear a bit more...she suggested we come in and pick up the modem as installing BB is fairly simple. so we did. and here I am.

The ISDN box is still on the wall - the only light that was on was the power supply, so the connection must have been gone or something (I couldn't get online the last couple of days) - I unplugged it and ran the "ADSL Microfilter" throught it...

so I guess you DON'T need to have a tech install with ISDN after all...:dunno:

self-install: €90
    tech install: €190
    refund we we're promised: €100

btw: anyone know where to get an extra "ADSL Microfilter"? there's another socket in the house that needs "protecting"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by cerbeus
    try here: http://www.dsl-warehouse.ie/product.asp?pr=Z-230TJ

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭^pt^

I have no idea why they insist on an engineer install for ISDN, I felt so cheated. The guy just turned up in a car and plugged it in and left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by ^pt^
    I have no idea why they insist on an engineer install for ISDN, I felt so cheated. The guy just turned up in a car and plugged it in and left.

same...big fat bastard just plugged it in and left, took 10 minutes and I was charged 190 euro....tahts 19 euro a minute....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by ^pt^

they didn't even remove the ISDN box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Da Man

They did for me. "Property of Eircom".

Advertisement