Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here Comes The Pain: Moving House & IOL BB

• 13-05-2004 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've been with IOL BB since last July (contract signed 30 May 2003) and i'll be moving house at the end of the month. I'm moving literally 5 minutes walk away and i really hope that the line there is suitable for BB.
    Anyways, i decided to stick with IOL for the moment and have contacted them about a Relocation Form which i received today. They have reassured me that i'll be grand. However, whenever an Esat employee tells me that i'll be grand, i start sweating profusely.
    I do understand that i'll have to provide them with a new Eircom account number - so far so good. They told me it's the standard 2 week connection waiting period (last year it took 10 weeks) .
    Has anyone moved house this way (with their broadband account)? Should i expect delays?
    Any tips & suggestions appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I moved house on the 6th of Feb this year. I was told 10 working days. My broadband was reconnected at the very end of Feb. I'd say forget 2 weeks anyway.

I would have been waiting alot longer as Eircom & Eircom wholesale screwed up the re-application. I had to complain to them & ComReg to get the whole thing moving again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Cheers rymus.

Even though i was absolutely REASSURED by Esat that Eircom are now more reliable etc in terms of sorting out lines for esat customers...

...i still trust you more :D

oh well - we'll see how it goes.

In the meantime - if anyone has any advice/experience - cheers for sharing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

In for some fun mate.

I'm with IOL BB and I had to move. I literally moved apartments in the same block.

It took 2 months to get them to reconnect me. No Joke - moved house in early Feb and got reconnected in early April. In fairness though, they didn't charge me (I kicked up about it).

Also like you, I signed up in May and got it connected at the end of July last year.

Your two new best friends

info@comreg.ie
    phil.nolan@eircom.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

When i moved it took Esat 2 1/2 months to reconnect me. And when i had a line test Eircom snatched my line for themselves and set me up with Eircom BB, without my permission. Had to contact Comreg...got an apology and compensation.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It only went live at the end of July 2003, July 24th i was up and running. I also signed up in May when i got wind of it.

ach...nightmare!
    I hope it won't take that long...

What does Phil Nolan in Eircom do? Is he the man to bitch to if it starts taking too long?

What good old Phil actually does is debatable, but if things are being held up due to Eircom's idiocy, an email to him will sort it.

Cheers rymus - i'll definitely keep that in mind, although i hope i wont have to write to him.
    Thanks again.

Advertisement