Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime Reconmendations anyone?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I got Memories this week... which has finally gotten a long overdue release over here...

It really is very good... especially the Magnetic Rose story...

And the soundtrack is amazing too... great in 5.1

Anyone gotten the Evangellion : Ressurection DVD yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Macross Zero Vote here, fcking great.. Though ep. 4 isnt great.. trys to attack the love story line in it all far to much. Cant wait for ep 5 to finish it all of its going to be class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

Junni Kokki (12 Kingdoms) is the best Anime out there, lovely animation beautiful music and complex and interestiung storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

oh and Kenshin OVA is great, Last exile is good also, and Chobits is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by bedlam
    26 Volumes in Japanese that I'm aware of (it is still being released AFAIK) and the 1st four volumes have been translated by Dark Horse Comics . English translation release is roughly one every 3 months.

I was absolutely stunned by the Anime version, it really was phenominal altogether, such fantastically strong characters and story, especially once it started getting into the political aspect of the aristocracy.

I've since read the 1st volume of the Manga, and it really looks like it's far more detailed altogether. I think I might indeed be investing in the Dark Horse translations.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by monkeyfudge
    I got Memories this week... which has finally gotten a long overdue release over here...

It really is very good... especially the Magnetic Rose story...

And the soundtrack is amazing too... great in 5.1

Watched Memories a few weeks back. I thought it was very good.

Im going to order Berserk after all the positive feedback Ive read about here. Anyone know how many volumes of Hellsing there is in all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Karl Hungus
    I was absolutely stunned by the Anime version, it really was phenominal altogether, such fantastically strong characters and story, especially once it started getting into the political aspect of the aristocracy.

I've since read the 1st volume of the Manga, and it really looks like it's far more detailed altogether. I think I might indeed be investing in the Dark Horse translations.

Yeah I've read volume 1 too and it is far more detailed than the anime, but that's to be expected I suppose.
    I read volume 13 too because that's where the anime ends, but it's skipped a bit forward, so I need to read 12 to find out what actually happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I just finished the Berserk anime series aswell. Superb story and character development, although the animation and the ending are a little etchy (however a second season is not out of the question). Still, I definetly recommend it. Now on to the third book of the manga series (to also find out what happens), and a quick replay of the Dreamcast Berserk video game (which is placed after the anime).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

yea, it really is in a league of its own, characters - character development very interesting. Setting is also unusual , themes like this usually arn't executed very well, and the story is origional. I know what you mean about the ending being a bit strange, but it also explains the first episode pretty clearly . ;) I must try the game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Theres a few second hand copies in the game shop on talbot street. The one that isn't Gamezone.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I thought Memories was overrated. It was entertaining enough, but not something I'd put on a list of favourites.

I've heard only good things about Berserk so far.

I recommend watching Rah-Xephon, but only after seeing Evangelion so that it is abundantly clear where Rah-Xephon got it's ideas :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I started watching Cowboy Bepop yesterday... Man it's starting to get real juicey!!

Advertisement